Hodgie aka Anthony // Melb - VIC

G

Unregistered
Hi guys,

I've been reading alot of really informative threads on this site which helped my decide that a legnum is the next car for me!! instead of a subaru liberty! Currently i'm in the process of finalising purchase of a legnum vr4 from japan, then i can play the waiting game whilst the car makes the trip! My previous rides include...

87 Range Rover: 4.2L Supercharged V8 with custom refrigerant gas intercooler, motec m800, dual diff locks, 35 simex centrepedes, and a hole lotta other goodies!! 186 kw at the wheels! fast, loud and a lot of fun!!

92 Mazda MX5: 1.6L Turbo charged 4 cyl, FMIC, Wolf 3d ECU, LSD, Slotted rotors, TIEN coilovers, Rollbar, Custom exhaust manifold and full exhaust, bigger injecters, Adj Fuel Pressure Reg, Dual stage Boost Controller, 162 kw at the wheels in a car that was around 850kg!!! tyres are a bit of an issue with this one!! definately made me :bigsmile:

so now the new project will be a legnum!!

chat soon

Hodgie

G

Unregistered
thats why i sold it!!! 90L tank of premium and i'd get 350km city of 500km country! it cruised really well!! but the real fun was in the bush!

G

Unregistered
pics?
and bring the mazda to a wash meet mate

G

Unregistered
mazda = Power and speed (compromise is you feel like a sardine)
mitsi = NOt sure yet but it'll have more room for sure!!!

When and where are these meets??

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
every few weeks , at various spots around town!
last 2 were at blackburn / nunawading car wash on whitehorse rd.

i think the next is essendon or something.

usually wednesday nights.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
There are sub-forums dedicated to various regions, check the one in your area and you'll find details of regular car-wash meets and other things that get organised :)

G

Unregistered
I'm now the proud owner of a 2000 model Legnum VR4!!! Due in Melb early Sept!! Cant wait!!! Til then it's gonna be cruising with the turbo charged hair dressers weapon!!

..... Why does Sept feel like so far away?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Hey, I'd gladly take your turbo charged hair dressers weapon for a drive... :D

G

Unregistered
heres the hairdressers car!!! it's got some panel damage at the moment so it's soon to go into the panel shop to get a complete respray!! love insurance!!

and from the inside...

and before the coilovers and rollbar...

G

Unregistered
And the rangie...

The rangie with 35inch Simex...
dsc01760rb4.th.jpg

And some Video...

and this one...

G

Unregistered
and a little more mx5...
dsc01801pi2.th.jpg

and a video taken after first start up!! pls not this was with the standard clutch hence the vast amount of slip!!!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I love that second clip!! Awsome.
I have a soft spot for early Range Rovers.. I almost talked myself into spending a bucket load getting one ready for fun. Took the sensible option and bought the X-Trail instead - which in turn quickly made way for the Legnum!

G

Unregistered
I went down to Kamikaze motors and saw my new baby!!!

There it was sitting on the two poster, the vehicle was...

Paint work (ok, not brilliant but ok!!)
Interior (Very Tidy!!)
Suspension (Coilovers, YEAH BABY!!)
Brakes (Brembo's!!!)
Engine (Check! it was there!)

Also had some other goodies there....

Turbo Timer
Alarm
DVD player
10 Stacker CD player
B pillar brace
HD Sway bars (front and rear)

Cant wait to go for a drive!!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Great work Anthony :) Just be aware the turbo timer will have to come off and the alarm will need to be replaced (as it won't be Aus standards approved).

Is the B-pillar brace the one that runs across the rear passenger foot wells?

G

Unregistered
yeah thats the one. It looks a little shit... so i don't know if i'll keep it or not!

I Just want to go for a drive already!!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
That's pretty awesome mate :)

The wash meets are actually a good bit of fun and VR-4 8th Gen. perve-action. Heck, we even have people who turn up just to take a look at what these cars are. If they ask nicely, we'll even open up the "amusement park rides" section.

Cheers!

Top Bottom