Hong Kong

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Hi all, just wondering if anybody knows where to get car parts in Hog Kong, even Thailand for that matter. I am travelling to both of these countries soon and would love know where to have a look. Any recommendations? Thinking of getting some guages and maybe a dual port, all depends on how much money I have left over after Disney land and Ocean world.lol...Thanks.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
I am not sure where abouts in Hong Kong, but I stumbled upon a place in Kowloon full of auto stores. Make sure you get something, things are stuuuupid cheap there. $150 can probably get you a decent three set of gauges.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Heard about Kowloon do you know the street name or shop name?

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
After 10 days in Thailand I am now in HK. Went to Kowloon ladies markets today. Kowloon is massive and Hong Kong is crazy and hectic. I am going to go out there again on my own to look for parts mid week.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Earlier today while in Mongkok I asked a young guy who spoke reasonable English where I could get car parts from. He gives me directions to a couple of blocks away. I ask him what the pricing is like so I can compare it to Australian dollars. He tells me that he lived in Perth for a couple of years and that it was cheaper there than in Hong Kong. I say really by how much and he says about $2 an hour. Confused I realise that he thinks I was talking about a car park. My wife who detests all things mechanical because of the amount of time it consumes my life with then interupts and says "You know Turbo, NOS" and instantly our new friend recognises what I am talking about and says " oh...car accessories" and gave me directions to more shops to check out. :rolleyes:

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
PH_140520_234334.jpg
Right now it is 11:47pm in HK and I am relaxing drinking some Glenfiddich thinking about how I cant afford to get my care tuned but I can take the family to Thailand for 10 days and Hong Kong for 7. I am half Scottish so that explains some of it, but I will say that this place is awesome. HK Disney was what dreams are made off literally and the wife and kids loved it. I still haven't gone out looking for car "accessories" yet, maybe tomorrow arvo on my own or with my eldest son. This place is off the hook with cars...everywhere you look you see Beemers,, Mercs, Lexus, Audi, VW's.Even seen a Lamborghini A couple of Ferrari's several Masserati's a McClaren and even a Bentley all just sitting in traffic. Porschers are as common as commodores. There are quite a few Toyota's and Elgrands but could not spot one Mitsubishi-not even an Evo until this morning when leAving the Cosmopolitan I see this;)

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Still no mitsubishi's spotted bvut I can travel out kowloom bay om my own tomorrow. Yippy.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Went to Kowloon bay today and to super gt especially for you Christian. Awesome shop but I had spent most of my budget already so i didn't buy anything but it was still worth the look. So I went to the shop next doo insted to have a look.......pics to come in the future. Need to transfer off the Nikon.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Went to Kowloon bay today and to super gt especially for you Christian. Awesome shop but I had spent most of my budget already so i didn't buy anything but it was still worth the look. So I went to the shop next doo insted to have a look.......pics to come in the future. Need to transfer off the Nikon.

from what I remember, guys from the Philippines specifically fly to Hong Kong to go to this shop, as they have a contact there.. friend or colleague, im not sure..

and from what I've seen, they do assist with the 8G Galant stuff.. whether its PFL, FL, VR4, GDi, 4 stud or 5 stud hubs

parepin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
4G93 Mirage
#HairdresserCivic
One thing I loved about HK when I went last September was all the sweet vans! Also, so many cars and vans getting around with high end brake kits? Elgrands and Odysseys with Endless and Alcons and AP Racing haha, have you noticed that too?

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
I cannot believe what cars they drive. I have seen just about every top end super car you can think of driving around in everyday traffic. Last night alone I saw a bright orange Lamborghini gallardo driving down a narrow alley way in causeway bay like it was no big deal. I have only seen one Ferrari though. I don't think they are keen on those. The vans are awesome too all luxury spec.

Top Bottom