Hood Lifts..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas, most of you know about my experience when I left my hood open after a long drive when we went to the beach..

after browsing thru TGC

I came across this.. Redline Tuning - Hood Support

ql-elite-parts.gif

IMG_4456.gif

IMG_4443.gif

IMG_4440.gif

the product in the link provided is specifically for Galants.. but should also fit in VR4's

G

Unregistered
do they ship to australia?

might be worth getting a few orders in to reduce shipping, i'm keen for a set.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It will be for USDM Galants, now they should work, but you don't know for sure

G

Unregistered
I put together a similar kit for my Prelude. I contacted a local gas strut regasser person/technition and he was able to custom make some brackets and supply the necessary struts, pressured to exactly what was required.

Linky --> http://www.strutregas.com.au/strut_locations.php

One of the best mods I've done to my car. Makes working on it so much easier!

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I had a budget for this exact project until my accident, which has kindof derailed my cashflow. There are a few gas strut companies around here that do this kind of thing that I've used for projects in the past.

My suggestion would be to avoid a USDM part as it probably won't fit - there is almost no clearance under the bonnet of our cars making it quite a difficult project. If you're keen to do this, pick up the phone and call some gas strut companies to get an idea on price and who is most interested in the work and go from there. I look forward to hearing how you fare :)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
How much did you pay for it?

I put together a similar kit for my Prelude. I contacted a local gas strut regasser person/technition and he was able to custom make some brackets and supply the necessary struts, pressured to exactly what was required.

Linky --> http://www.strutregas.com.au/strut_locations.php

One of the best mods I've done to my car. Makes working on it so much easier!

G

Unregistered
I think it was about $100 odd once all installed and done. On top of that was a packet of tek screws to fit the brackets to the bonnet and all the other ancilleries.

I dunno about VR4s, but there's an ebay seller who does bolt on kits for most cars as well. I'll see if I can find them.

Top Bottom