hopefully new to the family soon

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
98 legnum type s, jzza70 supra
hey guys, i'm currently looking at buying a 98 pearl white legnum vr4 and becoming one of the family. i currently have a 89 ma70 supra, which i'm engine swapping with a 1jzgte out of a toyota soarer. i first saw a legnum when i was helping my girlfriend buy her 96 lexus sc300 from sports car warehouse on the gold coast, and i feel in love with it. so hopefully in a few weeks i'll be the proud owner on a 98 legnum.

cheers
dan

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Welcome Dan, do you live on the coast?

If you see this in time, come down to movie world tonight at 8pm and say hi - see the East Coast section for details.

cheers

Lee

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
i actually live 4 hours north of the gold coast, near Frazer island, and don't have a drivable car at the moment hence why i'm trying to buy a legnum. thanks for the offer tho.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome to the forums, Dan! Can't wait to see some pics and get further details :)

On the subject of Soarers, I was driving with my g/f over the weekend when one went past and I said something about them being damn ugly.
She said, "is that the car you were saying is the ugliest car ever?".
"No, that's a Ford Taurus" I replied.
She said "So what's the other one? Toyota Saurus?"
I replied "No, that would be a Dinosaur. But good idea - Toyota should have thought of that!"

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
i called the person who owns the car, the price has has dropped to $11500 :) they are going to send me some more pics of the car, and i'll hopefully be able to test drive it next tuesday (it sucks working on the weekends)

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Welcome to the family Bratman... hope you successfully own your leggy soon, so you can scare the crap out all those falcondore owners thinking they're one of them special magnas!!:D

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
hey guys just got some more pics of the legnum, the damage to the bumper doesn't seem to be to bad. here they are.

f_cars4sale01m_c96fded.jpg

f_cars4sale01m_ace9f14.jpg

f_cars4sale01m_2dc8618.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi,

what's up with the passenger side fog light? Looks like it's had water in it and is a bit rusty?

Not sure how hard it will be to find a second hand one.

cheers

Lee

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
yeah i don't know about that either, might just be the cover being discolored, i've also asked the owners for pics of the back seat, boot and back.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hi Dan,

I've just gone through the process of getting my bumper fixed, and I had water damage inside my left foglamp that I fixed on the weekend too! For bumper repairs you'll have to find a bumper repairer who does plastic welding. You can't fibreglass a plastic bumper to repair it as the plastic flexes, but the fibreglass and resin won't so they'll separate. To give you an idea my bumper cost $250 to be repaired (and that's not including a respray). I figured it was worth doing 'cause once I'd sanded it down you could see heaps of blue 'plastic bog', so my bumper's been heavily damage a couple of times before, but a new one wouldn't see much change out of $2k.

For the fog lamp you'll either need a heat gun or you could try the oven method - in order to separate the front lens plastic from the body you'll need to heat up the black sealant compound. This becomes liquid before the plastic starts to warp, so you can heat it up and then using some towels (and a second pair of hands definitely helps) pull the two parts away from each other. Be careful that you don't overheat it, though - use the heat gun on the lowest setting and if you feel ANY flex in the lens plastic, STOP! If the lens plastic has softened at all allow it to cool before manipulating it or you'll screw it up. Otherwise it's pretty straightforward :)

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
well that was a fun day, just did a 9 hour round trip to see the legnum it was beautiful to drive so i'm going to pick it up tomorrow (gotta get up at 4:30am to catch the train down), so i'll be driving the car back through brissie (about mid-day) if anyone on here would like to meet up. if any one does my mobile number is 0422042214, just give me a call to arrange a place to meet.

cheers
dan.

bratwurst_boy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
daniel
Drive
well that was a bloody long day, left home at 5am got home at 7pm (had to detour into the sunny coast to pick up some goodies :)) it was a fun drive home, these cars are wicked, the last 20kms were the best (over 50 corners and 10 hills) the car handled it like a dream, sat on 120km the whole way and it felt like it was on rails. i'll have to wash it in the morning and take some pics before work and start a members ride thread :D why i didn't get one of these earlier is beyond me.

Top Bottom