In need of touchscreen mmcs wiring diagram

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
Hi can anyone help with finding a wiring diagram for the touchscreen mmcs found in the 1996 VR4. I want to make use of the tv screen and add on a dvd player but I dont have a clue about the wiring

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
I would take the unit out all together but it also runs the aircon via touchscreen

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Roland, there is a way, think you need an ntfs(cant remember the format)DVD Player.. The other option is to get a normal aircon center dash from someone who is wrecking one, and use that - this is what I have done. :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
You mean NTSC player Jez :)

NTSC = Japan, America
PAL = NZ, Australia, Europe (all the sane countries).

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
Yeah I thought of that but where did you mount the new one. Do you have any pics?. I have 2 built in vents where the other style aircon would fit. As for the dvd/video playback problem is why im asking for a wiring diagram as my mmcs does not have rca inputs just wires goin in to it in 3 cable clusters

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Here is the MMCS center dash:

DSC01533a.jpg

Here is a non mmcs center dash:

2000-Mitsubishi-Galant-VR-4-Type-S_04.jpg

The vents at the top are the same for the mmcs, and non-mmcs dashes.

So all you will need are the aircon unit(the non-mmcs one will plug straight in), the plastic dash piece and the head unit mounting plates.

When you plug it all in, there will prob be about 2-3 plugs not used but it will work fine.

From my memory, you plug the dvd player into the mmcs unit in the rear of the car, maybe pm bradc as he did this on his legnum.

From having both, the non-mmcs dash is much better, as if you dont have the english translation disc for the mmcs, you cant use the controls properly. I also had lots of problems with the disc not loading on cold mornings making the heater useless...

G

Unregistered
You need the optional tuner module, it has NTSC video plus audio inputs.

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
wow thanks for that I thought I had a good picture from memory but I was way off the layout. That seem like a lot of mucking around just to use a screen Ill probably just go for the fold out single din dvd. less hassle...what is this optional tuner module business

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
As an installer of these items it's alot easier to use the non mmcs console over the one u have, and to have the perfect surround sound u can fit a centre speaker under ur flip out screen like I have. I'm in the process of removing my single din unit to a double din n relocate the centre speaker to the air vent for even better sound n stealth. The double din I'm fitting has reverse camera, sat nav, iPod, Bluetooth n many other extras for under a k which is nice n it's a great brand that I've been using for years

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
I am working on project of existing MMCS in my car, but still I havent got the MMCS in full working condition, e.g. OEM GPS and TV but I can get dvd working. Anyway my project isnt cheap. Beside all OEM MMCS feature can offer, I want to watch dvd and mp3 with dts sound works on it. therefore I bought some material to hook up on existing MMCS. Thanks to OEM mmcs tv tuner, I can make my dream come true. all we need is only AUX/AV input on MMCS TV tuner and everything will be just fine. As for material so far I bought myself:

1. Alpine dvd changer, allow you to watch dvd and hear mp3 music
2. Alpine vehicle hub pro vba 222, allow you to take control the whole system feature at your finger tips including some of MMCS function .(link and match with pxa 700/701, it will read the pxa 700/701 straight away and no RUX controller needed)
3. alpine pxa 700/701 sound processor, to generate dts 5.1 sound, and equalizer setup. You can not expect a good sound just rely on MMCS and vehicle hub pro vba 222 default setting, it has only mid, bass, treble, so pxa 700 is must have

I let the AV installer to take care of the rest e.g. 6 channel 600 watt phoenix gold power amp, 10 inch sub woofer. BTW I bought gdi rear door card from germany that offer speaker pod ( so I have 6 speaker pod in my car). The system estimated cost me $1500 USD, installer fees included and all things get done. Thats the cost to watch dvd and hear mp3 for me but the sound promised to be much much better than hooked media or mp3 player.

The same way goes for imported jdm car, e.g. toyota alphard, nissan serena or eldgrand, if we want to keep the existing OEM JDM AV head unit in original condition.

R Kilburn

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roland
Drive
1996 PFL VR-4 Galant
That sounds pretty sweet. I would go the same way if it was cheaper. your car will be a movie theatre on wheels

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
That sounds pretty sweet. I would go the same way if it was cheaper. your car will be a movie theatre on wheels

sure it will become theater on the move, cant imagine if wife knows how much i will spend for the system, I would face her back at night for months :D

Top Bottom