NSW Intro: Far Kew

Far Kew

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ian
Drive
1999 VR4 2.5 TT Legnum Wagon, 1998 Subaru Outback
G'Day all. My first foray into Mitsubishi ownership is a 99 VR4 Legnum Wagon. Soon to have new suspension fitted, an ECU flash & dyno tune at TME. Should improve the fun factor heaps. Cheers.

Far Kew

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ian
Drive
Thanks. It's an auto, unable to drive a manual due to needing a hip replacement.
Will have to take some pics soon, it is a little bit untidy at the moment.

Nemesis

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mike
Drive
97 Leg
Welcome!! You might still need a hip replacement after she tucks around corners even in a big ole wagon lol

Far Kew

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ian
Drive
Getting softer suspension. It has Tien coilovers, it also had 18 inch rims with 40 profile tyres. The Tiens are now stuffed up front, and I now have 16's with 60 profile tyres. Live on a dirt road which is not ideal for the suspension as it is. Not going to be doing any track work. Happy enough with available power, after all, I will be 65 this year, and this little pocket rocket supplies enough fun tickets for this silly old fart.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum Ian :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Getting softer suspension. It has Tien coilovers, it also had 18 inch rims with 40 profile tyres. The Tiens are now stuffed up front, and I now have 16's with 60 profile tyres. Live on a dirt road which is not ideal for the suspension as it is. Not going to be doing any track work. Happy enough with available power, after all, I will be 65 this year, and this little pocket rocket supplies enough fun tickets for this silly old fart.
Hi Ian,

Welcome mate. Age is never a issue with car enthusiasts.

What suspension are you planning on getting to replace the damaged items with? If you've been talking with Steve, then I imagine you've discussed possible replacement suspension, maybe some MCA comfort? MCA make excellent stuff.

Don't let age stop you getting out there for some happy laps, don't have to set laps records just enjoy it(y)

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Welcome, Far! Hopefully the car will give you tons of enjoyment (y)

Far Kew

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ian
Drive
Hi Ian,

Welcome mate. Age is never a issue with car enthusiasts.

What suspension are you planning on getting to replace the damaged items with? If you've been talking with Steve, then I imagine you've discussed possible replacement suspension, maybe some MCA comfort? MCA make excellent stuff.

Don't let age stop you getting out there for some happy laps, don't have to set laps records just enjoy it(y)

Thanks Simon. Going with the MCA comfort. Not so much the age factor, I never really did grow up, it is more the pain factor. No cartilage in left hip. Besides, happy laps for me was on motor bikes. Can't ride till the hip is fixed, so the Leggy fills the gap. Most fun I have had driving 4 wheels in a very long time.:)

Far Kew

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ian
Drive
Welcome, Far! Hopefully the car will give you tons of enjoyment (y)
Thanks Gman. Have had heaps of fun in the short time I have had the car. Looking forward to having the suspension sorted and Flash tune done. ;)

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Thanks Jet. Going with the MCA comfort. Not so much the age factor, I never really did grow up, it is more the pain factor. No cartilage in left hip. Besides, happy laps for me was on motor bikes. Can't ride till the hip is fixed, so the Leggy fills the gap. Most fun I have had driving 4 wheels in a very long time.:)
MCA comfort, that is a good choice.
They're respond well to thicker anti roll bars, if your budget can stretch a little further the Selbys's or Cusco items are a very good bang for back upgrade.

Far Kew

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ian
Drive
MCA comfort, that is a good choice.
They're respond well to thicker anti roll bars, if your budget can stretch a little further the Selbys's or Cusco items are a very good bang for back upgrade.
Budget barely covers the suspension and tune, which I will be more than happy with. I live on a dirt road, so the suspension has to be able to cope with that situation as well as some sections of sealed roads that are worse than the dirt. The Tien set up was way too hard and very low with 40 profile tyres on 18 inch rims. Front bumper had previously been damaged on gutters and driveways. Sorry that I got your name wrong in my (now edited) reply.

Far Kew

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ian
Drive
Welcome bro. What's wrong with your Teins? They worth selling?
One of the fronts had an oil leak I didn't know about. Had to do a little bit of dirt road and buggered the Tein. Not sure if it can be rebuilt or not. They were way too hard and low for my intended use so am having a set of MCA's installed for a more comfortable ride with an increase in ride height as well due to front bumper being damaged on driveways and kerbs. I was informed by a local suspension guy who handles Teins here in Canberra, that they can be sent to Brisbane to be checked out if suitable to rebuild. Costs $70 to check each shock. I asked him about having Teins built to suit my needs, instead of rebuilding the old ones, Yeah, it's possible, for about $2k a corner. If you are interested I will let you know when they are being replaced and if they are repairable. Might only be one that is cactus.

Top Bottom