VIC Introducing.... me.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
If you're chasing late model facelift with Recaro, keep saving. Alternatively, start looking at PFL with more k's and get yourself some Recaros down the track.
N.B. If you buy yourself a cheapie, you'll most likely haemorrhage money on maintenance OR you could spend more initially on one with everything done.

They may be cheap to buy but they're not what I'd consider a cheap car to own. Be prepared to spend serious bucks on major service and clutch if not done already.

Harsh reality is ageing twin turbo AWD imports will never offer budget motoring and you WILL spend more money than you want to.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
If you're chasing late model facelift with Recaro, keep saving. Alternatively, start looking at PFL with more k's and get yourself some Recaros down the track.
N.B. If you buy yourself a cheapie, you'll most likely haemorrhage money on maintenance OR you could spend more initially on one with everything done.

They may be cheap to buy but they're not what I'd consider a cheap car to own. Be prepared to spend serious bucks on major service and clutch if not done already.

Harsh reality is ageing twin turbo AWD imports will never offer budget motoring and you WILL spend more money than you want to.

As VOLK said... cheaper ones tend to have been badly looked after or simply falling apart.

As far as cost of ownership goes... mine has cost me less to run than my Magna. Had nothing really go wrong with it. The only costs have been servicing and modifications (which make me cringe when I think of how much I have spent!). In all seriousness it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned.
So the history of the car can play a big factor on how much cash you end up having to throw at it on repairs. Your mechanic can also make a huge difference. I use Jon and Driven and his costs a very fair. A clutch/major service in the Legnum costs me about the same as the Magna.

m3lm3l

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel (and my fiance Ben will pop in from time to time)
Drive
'96 Legnum
'05 Subaru Impreza RS Wagon (previous)
'93Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T
'03 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo (for sale)
'06 Toyota Landruiser Sahara
Datsun 120Y (track only)
All good guys I'm mot after a finished rig - evem if i bought one 'finished' I'd want to chane things anyway. :D

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Congrats on the purchase. A very well looked after car by all accounts.

m3lm3l

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Drive
'96 Legnum
Datsun 120Y (track only)

Ooops no, i'm not - are only Premium Members able to post in members rides or is it just that i haven't been on long enough?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
You have to be a Premium Member. It's only 10 dollars a year :) and it will give you access to all the guides on here as well.

G

Unregistered
Best money you will ever spend as a VR4 owner is $10 for a membership here.
It will literally save you hundreds, and for some members thousands of dollars over the life of your car.

m3lm3l

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Drive
'96 Legnum
Datsun 120Y (track only)
Yeh cool just wasn't sure what was going on. I'll get onto it when I get on the pc next

Top Bottom