jaygore aka Jamie // Melbourne - VIC

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
Hey guys im from Victoria and i am looking at buying a Legnum and i spose im just looking for a few reasons of why i should buy one, and are they really as good as they are cracked up to be?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Why you should buy one? AWD, Twin Turbo 2.5 V6.
They are rare, unique, they chop a lot of cars on the road, they look very good, wicked launching ability, they are very cheap for what they are and they handle very well.
Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear calls them "the Evo's bigger brother".

The only thing i don't like about them is the lack of cruise control. Which stops it from being the perfect car in my books.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
1) Quicker than a Stagea
2) Better looking than a Stagea
3) Uses less fuel than a Stagea
4) Quality of the trim and features in them crap all over anything made in Australia, and most cars made in Japan too
5) AWD makes them stick like poop to a blanket, and makes them much safer in the wet
6) Ditto Active Yaw Control
7) Smallish turbos give them a fat mid-range, giving them awesome pick-up with little lag
8) Yes they are as good as they are cracked up to be. I own a 450hp R34 GT-R and will still happily jump into my Dad's Legnum to go for a drive, and still come away from them impressed, even all these years after owning my first Galant and driving and owning a stack of other cars. As far as value-for-money is concerned, they can't be beaten.

Will that do? :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
There are better cars, but not for the appx. $15 grand you'll spend to get a VR-4. Even at twice that price, these things would rock.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
thanks guys, im seriously thinking about it, i will be looking into a few in the comeing month.

this will be my first turbo and im not after a huge power house, what i want is a practical car as i am a musician and i want something that has enough punch in it, to leave those silly holdens and fords dead. and these just look awesome (i hate the stageas and always have, so damn ugly) i stumbled accross these the other day and i spose i fell in love, but i am also looking into the possibiltiy of a toyota caldina

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Caldina? You'll get more music gear into a Legnum. And suffer less turbo lag, from what I've heard.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
Huh? Evo's little sister? :confused:
The one i have says "older brother". I check it out tonight.

Our cars can't be the little sister. That sounds too gay.

Not too sure about that.

My six year old son can be a big sook. And his three year old little sister has so much attitude, she kicks serious arse, she's going to rule the world someday. lol

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
thanks guys, im seriously thinking about it, i will be looking into a few in the comeing month.

this will be my first turbo and im not after a huge power house, what i want is a practical car as i am a musician and i want something that has enough punch in it, to leave those silly holdens and fords dead. and these just look awesome (i hate the stageas and always have, so damn ugly) i stumbled accross these the other day and i spose i fell in love, but i am also looking into the possibiltiy of a toyota caldina

My Dad's a drummer, that's why he wanted the Legnum. He loves it to bits, seriously. The Caldina is a good car but S-L-O-W.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
well that one is sorted then haha! I mean i drive a celica at the moment and wanted to put the same engine in the caldina in that and they go hard in the celicas, but i think the legnums are the way to go, i think i like them with the evo bonnets also, as iv seen a few with them

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
hey guys im keen for a Legnum but im not sure wether i should be import one or find one.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
hey guys im keen for a Legnum but im not sure wether i should be import one or find one.
Hold up. Did you just say the "I" word? Well you've gotta check this thread out.
Trev wrote this up for us a while ago. A very comprehensive guide on how to buy a VR-4 with a run down on buying from a dealer, importing etc.
A lot of us have used the guide to import our VR-4's.
Click on that link, print out the article and have a good read :)
While you're waiting for your VR-4 to arrive, whack on Gran Turismo 4, pick a Legnum and pretend you're driving it around town.
Before you know it, you'll be zooming around the house making WohhhhhhHhhhHHH tSHHHHhh noises to yourself :D

11222.jpg

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
so it is better to import them your self then?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
so it is better to import them your self then?
Not completely on your own, but through a broker like Ben @ J-Spec or Kris @ Iron Chef
They are also our club sponsors too.
Basically, they charge $1000 for the service fee and do the rest of the work for you. Which is not a bad price considering the peace of mind you get and the service.

Don't go through a dealer. Warranty means shit all these days and when it comes down to claiming, they try to fob you off as hard as they can and give you the run around for months.

Importing through a broker is and always will be the best way. As long as you can hack the 2-3 month wait.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There are also a few cars for sale at the moment, perhaps worth looking at one already for sale in the forums. If nothing appeals then Kris is a top bloke

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Us importers have been doing it very tough lately, so any business or referrals are appreciated :)

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
ok guys so i have been pre approved for finance for around 15 000 would like to get a car under this price and may have my eye on one or 2.

Im freakin excited

Top Bottom