KKR 280 turbo spool up 3rd gear light throttle

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
This was in 3rd gear going up a steep hill applying very light throttle. The car is still untuned so I gotto drive it like a granny till Monday.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
looking forward to when you can put your foot down ;)

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Looks great mate! like everyone i'm anxious to see a vid of it after the tune. Best of luck!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
How many Mondays do we have to wait??

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Impossible to really say... but, if all goes to plan, (famous last words) it should be in the RPW workshop getting the thermo trans oil cooler, injectors and either a ECU reflash or some kind of tuning and boosting by mid next week...

EDIT: Mid next week, not this week...

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Ok here's the new video, this is the same turbos, same hill but with the boost set to about 17psi and with heavy throttal.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Looking at it now, it's not very easy to see whats going on, but it gives you some idea.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
I think when he has trans sorted one way or another he will be able to post a few more vids. I am curious to see a standing start also but he has had some slippage and gear change problems.

Am I right Madhav?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
You are sort of right... Can do second gear easily, when in tiptronic it holds in gear fine, never slips out, but it's the changes from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd that are lagging and revs for 1/2 a second between gears and I don't want to apply too much power on the already failing clutch packs.

Check the KKR 280 thread, there is a 3rd gear run, but this one is not going up a hill and you can see the speedo (but not the boost).

Edit: here it is^^

Top Bottom