knickers aka Nic // Melbourne - VIC

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Hey guys,

I've been looking for a new car for the last month after resigning my old job and losing the company car. I'm on a budget as I'm going back to uni to do my masters, and was most recently planning on buying a MY02 WRX. Unfortunately the car fell through, however in frustration I looked how much the VR4 would be. All I can say is freakin bargain.

I took one for a test drive today from SSV in Melbourne, who apparently have connections with some members on this forum, and one of whom drives a Legnum.

I think I'm hooked, however my budget is just short of a readily available 8g galant, so I'm afraid its going to take me a while to find the right car. I'm restricted to not much more than $14000 on road, and will only take a manual. Looked at a nice one with momo wheel and recaros for $15500 unreg, but it's just too much after rego and I'm not sure if that included stamp duty :/

Anyway, love this site! I'm a long term Prelude Australia member after owning a 2001 and then a 1989 model, both of which are fantastic in the twisties, the older 3rd gen with 4ws especially.

Peace!

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
speak to iron chef , 14k should get you a manual easy.

thats what i paid for mine...

2000 Legnum
manual
white
volks
gauges
catback
46,000 km

Shes been sold since , but a good car none the less.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Unfortunately I'm not willing to wait. I do not currently have a car, and I want that problem fixed ASAP :p

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
If you are on a budget.... Subaru is definitely NOT the way to go. Trust me there... Especially if you are keen on the occasional 'spirited' driving.

VR4 is best bang for buck IMO. with a couple of small mods you would be more then impressed.
-boost controller
-exhaust/intake
-coilovers

These few mods have seen most members on here more then happy with their purchase for both power and handling.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
I called the guy wanting $14900 but it ends up at around $16000 on road which is a tad too much and I'm being a stickler with my budget. Queensland may be the answers actually, as there are 0 private sellers in Vic right now.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
That's because everyone in Vic with a Galant wouldnt give it up for dead!

Good luck with your search for the perfect ride.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Yeah it's not looking promising. Unfortunatelyi can't wait round to find the perfect car, so unless I get lucky soon the dream will need to be postpone. :/

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
looks like a good buy neat looking car hope you get your hands on it soon

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Shit, that's awesome mate! Well done. You getting rego n' stuff included in the price?

For those lazy people:

attachment.php

Attachments

• silvergal.jpg
    silvergal.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 138

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
All on-roads and 12 months warranty! Damn insurance is a bitch though lol but thankfuly SSV recognised a true enthusiast and cut me a break with the price.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
When i picked up my car they mentioned this car to me. Sounds good mate! I just brought my legnum of them! very happy with it!

Top Bottom