knickers aka Nic // Melbourne - VIC

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Well I need to change my pants.

Picked up my car and am completely in love. I cant read the MMCS, and the stupid concave side mirrors dont reflect shit, but I've never driven away in a new car with such a big grin on my face.

Freakin awesome!

G

Unregistered
Well I need to change my pants.

Picked up my car and am completely in love. I cant read the MMCS, and the stupid concave side mirrors dont reflect shit, but I've never driven away in a new car with such a big grin on my face.

Freakin awesome!

Good stuff. The main bits on the MMCS are easy to figure out through experimentation, that's half the fun! And the mirrors are 'convex'.. not sure why you can't see much as they are extremely wide-angle, almost dangerously so. Takes some getting used to in order to not cut too close in front of people. But after using them for a while, normal ones seem so flat and useless.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
congrats mate! Make sure you come down to the wash meet!

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Yeah the cutting close infront of people thing is what I'm talking about.. scared the crap out of myself LOL

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Nice pickup man, I had that same smile on my face a few weeks ago!

Unfortunately my smile was turned upside down by a faulty alternator, but the smile will be back tommorow!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
You'll get used to the mirrors. Driving home in peak hour Gold Coast traffic when i first bought the car was a nightmare, tried not to change lanes too much because i found them so useless. After less than a month of using them I thought they were brilliant, really wide view and your eyes get used to judging how close other cars are in these mirrors. I definitely agree with though, going back to using flat mirrors when i use other cars makes me wonder how i'd ever NOT liked using the convex ones.
Also about the MMCS, have a search around the board. Pretty sure there is a CD around that someone made to convert the MMCS to english. Also check out clubvr4.com, might have more info on getting it going in English over there.
EDIT: Stumbled on a MMCS translation CD while browsing on trademe.co.nz (NZ's ebay basically) a few moments ago. Accidentally closed page and can't find it again but there was definitely one for sale.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Craig was nice enough to send me a copy from the NT and Ive been told it has arrived today. Once I pick it up its a gogo!

Pics:

o5.jpg

o7.jpg

o10.jpg

o9.jpg

o13.jpg

o1.jpg

o20.jpg

o2.jpg

o4.jpg

G

Unregistered
Cool, you have an extending JDM style corner marker for people who can't judge their car properly :)

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Did my first dandy run last night, lots of fun but plenty o understeer too unfortunately! Brakes weren't the best either, feels lime the discs need to be machined... Or replaced with brembos :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
You should come to the cruise on Sunday. We could have the biggest silver manual Galant meet in the history of Australia.

And I could steal your bumpers and skirts while you weren't looking.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Jeepers I hadn't really planned to come, but I don't think I have anything on eithers so we'll see!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Don't get too excited. The biggest silver manual Galant meet in the history of Australia would consist of 2 cars.

Top Bottom