Drive
Legnum VR4

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Tried high beam just in the reflectors, very good, just a bit tricky getting the rubber headlight housing boot over the fans.
Beam very white and bright with 0 warm up time, beam much like a spotlight.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/40W-UNIV...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ca980c69

Here is a pic of them coupled with Christians projectors. (Projectors for outer beams, LEDs for dedicated high beam H1)

How are these holding up? I am just curious as I see a lot of LED headlight bulbs which don't come with the ballasts, cooling fans and heatsinks, etc. Just whether it's necessary to go for a kit like this or not.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
If you go led you need to get the whole kit if you want any usable light. Others are shit and are basically parkers.

Mine are still going strong rain or shine.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
I see. OK, I guess I'm off to get a kit then. Thanks.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
Very bright and very quick and responsive!!!

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
If you have any issues getting the rubber headlight boot over the fans on these ones, PM me and I'll let you know a neat trick :D

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
If you have any issues getting the rubber headlight boot over the fans on these ones, PM me and I'll let you know a neat trick :D
I've done the boot first over the light then install into the headlight assy before with HID's... but will let you know if I cock it up... which will happen hahahaha

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Not sure what your HIDs looked like, fans are different I think.

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
They were the older H4 Bi-Xenon ones had a rather large base where the coil and magnet were housed to move the bulb in and out...

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, I have HID H7 low beam lights and am having all sorts of trouble. The seem to work when they feel like it which becomes annoying if you know what I mean. I am considering changing them to LED units but not sure what to purchase. From what I have read, the bulbs with out ballasts are not worth getting, is this right? If so can anyone recommend a complete setup including ballast that is local and not from China.

Gary

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I wouldn't bother with those... I bought some a while ago and they only work alright... light is bright but a tad soupy if that makes sense... you'd be better trying to fix you HIDs or getting normal bulbs again. I keep meaning to, but I'm lazy and poor :p

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks Matt, that is what I am leaning towards.

Gary

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
1997 Trigger PFL Manual Legnum.
Well, the original kit is sold out. Can I be pointed towards another recommended one? I can't afford to fuck around swapping sets, and the alternator took out most of the lights.

Staying halogen for the h7s, after h1s and h3s.

Top Bottom