LED Light Experiments

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Mucking around with a borrowed Digital SLR tonight, and some LED torches =]

20-30sec exposures in near pitch black, came out pretty darn well haha.. I was shocked!

Only slight tweaks in Photoshop =]

These first 3 photos I edited, the others are as they came out!

WRXLightGames-001-1-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-001-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-002-1-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-002-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-007-1-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-007-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-003-1-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-004-1-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-005-1-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-006-1-small.jpg

WRXLightGames-008-1-small.jpg

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
haha! they look wiked! id love to try that out. well done Tom!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Thanks guys =]

$2 red torch from HotDollar, $9 blue torch from JayCar, a white big LED torch to illuminate the interior (last 2 front shots - first 2 are interior roof light), tripod and camera on a 20/30sec exposure with "f" on the highest number the camera will go! :)

If I had someone else with me, on the side shots I would have got them to shine the white LED torch under the car, like it's glowing :)

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Man.. That looks crazy cool, put them out the window of you car and do a drive by :D
btw wat do ur plates mean?
Any mods to the sti yet? Still loving it?

az1310

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4
that awesome!

you guys should check out lighwarefares on youtube for sweet lighting painting videos.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Many years ago when I was at Uni my housemates did this with a film camera, flash, long exposure, and a mini-maglite. We made photos of ourselves shooting lightning from our fingers, being hanged with light ropes, and generally stuffing around etc.

They came out really good too - even though we couldn't preview the results to see what the hell we were doing.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mookers thats so cool! Plus on film? Damn the anticipation to see how they came out would drive me nuts hehe

Tate, I had someone rear end me on Tuesday! So new bumper or respray on the bumper maybe =p and the alarm system shat itself on me last night so it has to go to Subaru for a fix! It was a recall on all 01-05 wrxs with the Brant systems! The original owner ignored it!

Thanks for the other comments guys :)

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
Yeah my mate works for Subaru.. He just gave me the master code for mine ha ha :)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
so how did you do it? Stand behind the camera and point the torch at your car wouldn't make that effect would it?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
so how did you do it? Stand behind the camera and point the torch at your car wouldn't make that effect would it?

Stand in front of the camera (in pitch blackness) with the shutter still open, and point the torch at the camera.

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
i love this stuff and went through a faze of doing it aswell, even did a series of xmas cards with led written text on them,
Heres a car themed one i did
car.jpg

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Wow a sparkler looks awesome when you do it!

Yeah you stand in front of the camera with the torch pointing somewhat towards it, doesn't have to be exact! It's the same effect as if you held it in front of your eyes and did it haha.. You need to keep moving so the camera doesn't spot you! In one or two of my front shots you can see my shoes lit up down near the wheel from where I stood for a little too long =P

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Right, I was wondering why it didn't get you in the photo, so if you move fast enough you won't be in the photo?

Top Bottom