Leekscurlock // Perth - WA

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Hey guys and girls my name is Lee I'm a 21 year old waiter/student.

I signed up a couple of months ago but haven't really got round to posting yet so i thought i should pull my finger out and introduce myself.

I'm originally from the Whitsundays - Queensland but my parents are from the UK. I've spent the last 8 years or so over there and so learnt to drive british stylee.

I then moved back to oz and got a motorbike and forgot about cars until a couple of months ago when a pretty big event happened and i can only think of it as a sign for me to get a car again.

The big even was a lady pulling out in front of me on my way home from college. It was a rainy day with heavy traffic, someone waved said lady across the road right in front of me and due to the rain i couldn't stop in time and so i collide with the front quarter of the car at a decent speed, i ended up with concussion and some whiplash but nothing major, the bike however was completely written off. Luckily i got the insurance money to replace the bike and started looking of a car as the accident was a too closer call to go back to a bike just yet.

This is where the Legnum comes in, I had been playing with the idea of getting a fast car before the accident and so i had got a loan to buy something, I looked at a few M3s and SS VEs and a monaro, none of which really got me going and I couldn't bring my self to putting myself into that much of a debt and then a Legnum popped its head up and it just seem right, I could get a downhill mountain bike in the back and the safety of 4WD plus twin turbo power and at a quarter of the price i was going to pay for the others.

So I went and test drove the VR4 and loved it straight away and ended up buying it later that evening.

So I Am now the very very proud owner of a 99 manual type S Legnum in trigger mauve.

Well Her She is its been a long time coming but i have fianlly found the time to put up a few pics.

This is as she was when i first got my hands on her :-

P1040344.jpg

P1040343.jpg

Then a new set of shoes :-

P1040393.jpg

P1040397.jpg

P1040400.jpg

Since i took these photos i've painted the rear calipers, removed the lense in the head lights, replaced the side repeaters with smoked ones, added dump pipes, 3" cat back, done the rear wheel camber correction, relocated the battery to the boot, had the windows tinted in 20% changed engine oil to AMSOIL and gearbox oil to castrol syntrans.
After i had done all of this i managed to get a yellow sticker and so had to undo alot of my hard work to put it over the pits, only to be failed! The reason i was failed? Well it was because she had an empty tank and was close to (but didnt touch) the lip around the pits and so failed me and the reason written on the form was "the car needs to be 100mm clear with the car full of people"!!!! I was a little annoyed to hear him fail me on that as absolutely nowhere have i read that it needs to be 100mm clear and full of people, do they really expect me to bring another 4 people to the pits with me for 3 hours!!! The inspector then to follow it up by saying "you've got adjustable coilovers so you can just go home and wind them up a bit" gee thanks for that mate didnt know i could do that! So another $60 of revenue for absolutley no reason and another few hours of sitting at the stupid pits!
But once she passes i will get everything redone and more, clean her and then i will put a few new pics up, so ill will update in a few days.

lee

G

Unregistered
Hey Lee, welcome to the forums. Bad news to hear about the motorcycle accident, glad your ok though. It's incredible how quickly your mind can change about motorbikes when you're in or know someone in an accident. I have a mate who thought he was Superman when a car pulled out in front of him and he went directly into the side of the ute. The bike was a write-off and quite scary to look at, fortunately my mate was alright, couple of days in hospital and only ended with a few cuts and bruises. Was enough to make me sell my bike.

Anyways, congrats on picking up a car so quickly, if you don't know, the image in the top right corner has your car in it :D so it's already famous.

Hope to see you round.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome to the site Lee :) My bro saw your car a couple of weeks ago. You'll have to come along to our next meet, I think we're talking about having one in a few weeks?

leekscurlock

Crunching Gears
First Name
Lee
Drive
VR4 Legnum
Hey stephen,

Yeah i think i had a bit of superman action going on as well, not that i can remember anything from the crash, which is a bit of a blessing i guess.
I was so lucky if the car was 6 foot further across the road i wouldn't have gone into the door/roof and that would have done a lot more damage than just flying over the bonnet. I ended up in hospital over night and the discharged the next morning! so couldn't have got away with any less in the was of injuries!
I had only had my 250cc license for a couple of months but have been riding for a little under a year (16000km). By this point i was a little bored of my gutless hyosung and was going to sell it to help pay for a new car, the accident made things a lot easier for me really. Once i get my full license i will get a real bike but keep the car as well so i don't have to ride in the rain or cold.

When i first joint the forum i had a look at the WA meets and noticed the mauve VR4 in that line up and thought it could have been this one but thought it would be unlikely so thanks for confirming that it actually is! That photo was taken at point walter wasn't it? If so im just up the road in applecross so meetings there couldn't be more practical.

Hey Trev
Was it being driven spiritedly?
I'm still having fun with her and love the effortless power plus the sound of the turbos spooling. where did he see me?
I would love to come to the next meeting what day is it likely to be on? saturday or sunday? coz i will book the day off work.

I definitely think that mauve is the nicest colour, something a little different and it offsets her new shoes a treat!

I will post some photos up as soon as i get a chance to give her a good clean, lower her a bit further and once i get the front windows tinted pics will be up.

Hope to see some of you at the meet.

lee

G

Unregistered
Car is looking terrific Lee, really like the wheels, they suit the car well. How has the car been treating you these past few months?

I know that road too, not a half bad drive when the traffic is low.

Top Bottom