Legnum at Miles Auto

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
I've heard a couple bad things about Miles Auto, but has anyone seen or could tell me any more about this car they have listed? Just after some advice before I decide to drive up

Figured if its a fresh import, less chance of them having tampered with it.
Pretty much all i want in a leggy - trigger, manual, ayc, sunroof - just have to add a 7202 ecu to it

Cheers

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Being a fresh import doesn't mean it wasn't tamper with overseas. Like with any car don't get attached to it and check it out thoroughly before buying

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
I am not sure why would you be worried about the car being tampered with. Most of us play around with our cars and i bet that mine is in better condition than a fair few imports. Most of us spend alot of time and even more money on them, plus if you buy local you can find out if the car has had major service and so on yet if you buy an import you would have to do it just to make sure.

G

Unregistered
I am not sure why would you be worried about the car being tampered with. Most of us play around with our cars and i bet that mine is in better condition than a fair few imports. Most of us spend alot of time and even more money on them, plus if you buy local you can find out if the car has had major service and so on yet if you buy an import you would have to do it just to make sure.
That's not always the case. Especially if the car comes with service history/log books or there's a sticker in the engine bay noting the timing belt etc has been done at xx,xxx kms. You can also generally tell by the condition of certain parts whether they are old or relatively new.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey David, I'm up at Newcastle and when I was buying my legnum I went to them. IMO I would not recommend them. The first car I drove was a white galant that was a repairable write-off. He did tell me about it but he said it only have damage at the front. After more searching I found out the car belonged to a member here and he told me his car had a bad side impact with structural damage. When I confronted him he denied it being in any kind of side impact. When I checked under the right hand side of the car there was a thich silicone lining of some sort and the doors didnt line up perfectly like the other side. DOGGY!! Then I went to him to test drive a trigger leggy and the car would not engage second gear at all. When u put it into second it was in neutral and he told me its a small fix but I knew it had to be something much bigger. Never went back to him after that. He is one of the sweetest talking dealers I have seen yet. This is my experience and just wanted to let you know.. you should consider getting one from the chef..highly recommended on here..I have not used him so I dont know but many members have..you could get one for 11-12k delivered.. Good luck mate!

reeve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
Warrior:1998 Legnum VR4 Daily:2006 Kawasaki ZX12R
ive stopped in for a look there before, to be honest i wasnt overly impressed with the appearance of the cars, that could just be me being picky or the fact they may have been sitting there for a while. most of them did have decent signs of wear and tear eg paint and seats. guess it just depends what ure looking for and an inspection would be a very good start

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Is it Miles Auto? I thought it was Mile Auto, named after the guy there.

I've been there. Definitely would not buy a car from them. Just too suspicious...

generalboozy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joshua
Drive
new: 98 Leggy Vr4 old: nissan 200sx, honda integra, toyota corona....now i've seen the light.
i went there as well to look at leggy's when i used to live in morisset. it was close and convenient but yea after all the bad rep i heard from people i was cautious. the legnum i did drive there was in pretty good nick, everything worked and it looked clean as a whistle under the bonnet and underneath as well, couldn't see any signs of dodgyness, but he wanted 13500 for it and i got one the same year and same condition for 10k....

meh, i just remember him saying he had heaps of legnum halfcuts and rear cuts to get parts off of if i ever needed anything. that tells me that theres not much stopping him from getting these cars and stickin em together.

but yea, Mile is one of the friendliest "non dodgy" salesman i've ever met. soooooo friendly it's off-putting. just don't rush into anything and take your time. this website is a God-send in info and knowing what to look for. i took my time and waited 3 months before i found the one i wanted.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
Well what can i say / i bought mine from the place at argenton which was the front company?: for their business?
1 admitt that i bought on impulse but i had been looking at legnums 4 around 2yrs and bugging everyone at work
about these amazing CARS they will always remain a classic design
anyway it goes good and has not cost me anything over normal bits
88k oh oh

reeve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
Warrior:1998 Legnum VR4 Daily:2006 Kawasaki ZX12R
yea thats their new yard, they still have a small yard at teralba on the creek. all the half cuts actually belong to a guy there called rob(ive sent aamir to him for parts before). he has his own business called skyline industries and is very helpful for genuine parts as all newcastle vr4 owners kno is a bit of a pain!!!! he operates from a shed to the side and out the back, he has tonnes of imports, literally everywhere, and he has a galant that he likes to play with on the track!!! So if u can get it out of rob, im guessing he probably has a look over all these cars before they hit the yard

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
yeah skyline caryard was in tudor st befor brennans performance cars they then moved out to adamstown then to teralba
not sure if the original owner is still involved with the co he does the compliancing there so he probably has a deal with milea
he has been compliancing for around 6yrs i think
f i bought mine without even test driving it / then again there was the faint imprint from a sticker on the rear window that read
caution baby on board / hope mum wasnt a hoon ha

jdyort

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Troy
Drive
98 Type V S2 Legnum + 67 Mk1 Cortina
I can also Highly recommend State Roads. Very pleased with their service on checking the Legnum I bought.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
dropped by today they have 3 silver series 1 galants there. one was andrews? car a friend of minxys for 7999 mmmm they all looked like, not right . they also had a couple of stageas one a bright yellow. but still they all where ordinary to say the least

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
neva buy a car from miles mate did and it was a repairable write off and he wasn't told.... he didnt do a revs check though...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
neva buy a car from miles mate did and it was a repairable write off and he wasn't told.... he didnt do a revs check though...

I'd take a rough guess & say I'd think all his imports are repairable writeoffs. Including one from a member on here that I went & sussed out & walked out of there very worried for the person who might buy it...

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
didnt happen to be silver galant did it?

Top Bottom