Legnum "failing to proceed"... (cuts out when selecting a gear)

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
Tony, I am keen as mustard to know a little more about this solution. As i cannot find a replacement/new MAF, I'd like to have the one i have got, working properly.

I have the same situation as these guys above, the car idles like a champion and, to an extent, will free rev. If i disconnect the MAF, the car runs ROUGH but, it runs quite well. Granted i think i scare the shit out of people behind me with the amount flame i am not doubt shooting at them :) Plenty of pops and BANGS!! due to the excess, unburnt fuel :D I kind of like it :) I doubt my exhaust will hold up to it though :D

Please, maybe create a thread that goes into detail about how to get this job done. I am sure that you'll be the hero around here for a lot of people, myself included.
20150725_193738.jpg

Hope you can help us :)

jdyort

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Troy
Drive
98 Type V S2 Legnum + 67 Mk1 Cortina
Pulling off the top of the fried MAF sensor to see if I could see a solder break is on my list of things to do (probably number 54 at the moment). Interested to see where they skitz out.

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
You won't see it visually. I've just replied to RE1600's PM with full details so let him see if my description is adequate and if it is he or I could post it for general use.

Top Bottom