legnum model info

G

Unregistered
hey can someone please tell me (or post a link to info) what the differences are between the series1/2's and type S and type V's and what model has ayc and what is this Hi-VIS i keep hearing about? sorry for all the questions but i want to get it right this time and buy the right car the 1st time around, thanx for all the help everyone:)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
hi vis dash = a good looking dash that lights up and comes in all but early type V, Aug 98 to may 2000. Also all VR-4's but Type V's have AYC

If you search around for the facelift and prefacelift threads there are tons and they will explain it all

G

Unregistered
my only real wants for the car:

black
auto
leather
sunroof (maybe)

i have $14,000 to spend drive away, i'll take a white one if i have to but i'd really like leather unless anyone knows if recaro or bride make rails to suit legnums, lol, not really fussed on bodykit and wheels, as i want a set of buddy clubs for it, would like ayc if possible, is there anything annoying about any particular model, to do with engine/stereo/handling etc that i should know before i buy one? thanx again

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Oh, and if you want BLACK leather, it will have to be a white car. If you dont mind TAN leather, came as an option in almost all colours of the pre-facelift... not too sure about facelift.

G

Unregistered
what do the pre and facelift models look like?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
have a look through the pictures section, you'll soon see ;)
Dont want to sound rude/mean but make sure you have a GOOD look around these forum (not just searching, but browsing too) and you'll find most of what you need to know.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
sounds like you want a COTY edition, you get black leather, auto, ayc. You don't get the sunroof and they are all white however.

If you're willing to live with Tan leather, you should be able to find a car reasonably quickly.

G

Unregistered
so saying series 1 is same as pre facelift and series 2 is facelift, either way i prefer the facelift rear end, is it possible to put a prefacelift front on the newer models???

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
You may also need to change the front grille as well, since the Series 2 grille overlaps the front bar to make it fit whereas my Series 1 grille/front bar sits flush.

OZVR4NovemberCruise056.jpg

-Steve's (snickells) Series 2 Legnum. Notice how his front grille overlaps the front bar and
the quad fog lamp assembly? Also, the twin "struts" in the main front airdam extending
behind the number plates.

IMG_4535.jpg

-Lee's (leebutts) Series 1 with standard front bar. One of the best number plates for a VR-4 ever!

lokielwoodsmallxb3.jpg

-My Loki, Series 1 "Super VR-4" with front canards kit standard, fog lamps and open air dam
compared to the Series 2. The front grille sits flush with the headlights above the front bar.

IMG_0316.JPG

-Simon's (gilly) Series 2 S-Type, with Dolphin Aeroform bodykit. Mmm, pretty!

legnum021zs1.jpg

-Nick's Series 2 with EVO-style front bar.

Gotta love having a poke around the Members' Rides thread :)

G

Unregistered
Seems pointless to make your car look older ?? why wouldn't u put an aftermarket bumper on instead ?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Super VR-4 front bumper with canards on a facelift car with wheel arches does look pretty hot though :)

G

Unregistered
just a quick question can you put facelift rear end on a pre face lift?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Pete - it is a lot of work. If you look closely the rear bumper is different, and the lights that are on the sides of the body are too. In short you'd be chopping up most of the rear end.

G

Unregistered
hmmmm wel then i guess i wont be goin down that road thanx mate

G

Unregistered
i really like the rear on the series 2, but not keen on the fron, the series 1 fron looks better imo and would be better suited to a FMIC, and i don't want a bodykit, have one on my crx and i'm over having to watch where i'm driving in fear of losing the kit, stock kits rock!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
You can fit the prefacelift front bumper onto a facelift car.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you bought a facelift car and asked on the forums if any prefacelift owner would swap bumpers with you, you would find at least one person in the right colour wanting to do the swap.

Top Bottom