csj

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Christer
Drive
Galant Avance Estate (Eurospec Legnum) 2003
Hi folks,

I'm new here and I did search, but came up empty. So here goes:

I live in Norway, and I have a Galant Station Wagon, ie. the European version of the Legnum.

Recently, I've been looking to get a rear roof wing for my car, and have decided on the "moderate" version of the Legnum wing, which surrounds the rear window. Unfortunately, this wing can't be had in Norway, and Mitsubishi Norway won't even help locate a dealer abroad that can get it for me.

Now, I've come in contact with a very helpful man in New Zealand, and he's been able to find me such a wing. We are trying to figure out how to ship it from NZ to Norway, but that's the least of our worries.

This is the actual wing in question:

wing.jpg

The wing he's located is made from fiberglass, which makes it kinda difficult to ship, so I have two questions to all you folks who own "authentic" Legnums with the wing mounted on the car originally:

1 - which material is it made of? ABS plastic? Fiberglass? Some other type of plastic?
2 - Is it possible to disassemble it into three parts? From the schematic from CAPS, it seems the wing assembly consists of three parts - the two side pillars and the wing itself across the top (plus a bucketload of bolts, caps and stuff). Such a disassembly would do wonders for the shipping ;)

Obviously, I'd like to have an orginal wing if at all possible, but if not I'll settle for a replica until I could get an OEM one (unless someone has a spare OEM one lying around and wants to sell it to me, of course).

Thanks heaps in advance for any insight.

Cheers,
- Christer

G

Unregistered
abs plastic,

yes its 3 piece,

i might be able to get you one,

csj

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Christer
Drive
Galant Avance Estate (Eurospec Legnum) 2003
Thanks, that'd be great! You have a PM, btw. :)

Top Bottom