LegUte

G

Unregistered
well thought id share with you guys here aswell a little something hapenning on the sides..

im basing it on a 96 PFL (ex- Coty Edition) Legnum
its going to be built up to similarise the holden Maloo 2008 =10 model
will have torneo cover,and the tailgatr will be fulley welded up.
ill keep pics comming in of this for those who love to nosey

Attachments

• DSCF3759.jpg
    DSCF3759.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,089
  • DSCF3765.jpg
    DSCF3765.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,083
  • iphone pics june 2010 009.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 009.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,081
  • iphone pics june 2010 006.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 006.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • iphone pics june 2010 019.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 019.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,074
  • DSCF3764.jpg
    DSCF3764.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,071
  • iphone pics june 2010 018.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 018.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • iphone pics june 2010 021.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 021.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • DSCF3763.jpg
    DSCF3763.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,016
  • iphone pics june 2010 025.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 025.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • iphone pics june 2010 007.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 007.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,015
  • DSCF3761.jpg
    DSCF3761.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,001
  • iphone pics june 2010 008.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 008.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 995
  • iphone pics june 2010 020.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 020.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 996
  • iphone pics june 2010 024.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 024.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 984
  • iphone pics june 2010 023.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 023.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 974
  • iphone pics june 2010 026.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 026.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 977
  • DSCF3762.jpg
    DSCF3762.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 972
  • DSCF3760.jpg
    DSCF3760.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 973
  • iphone pics june 2010 017.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 017.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 980
  • iphone pics june 2010 022.jpg
    iphone pics june 2010 022.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 972
G

Unregistered
wasn't 'smokey' or someone on here also doing a leg-ute conversion as well??

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
X-tra cab style. You'd need it to get any sort of decent seat recline, i like it.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hmmm +1 for cab looking a bit too long...unless you length the door a touch ;)

what are you going to do to address torsional rigidity?

what tailights will be used?

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
shouldn't be to hard to shorten it.
one of a kind?
will have to change your user name aswell.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Also, how is that an ex-COTY model? They're 97 not 96, & those are red/black cloth seats.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
what are you going to do to address torsional rigidity?

was my first thought aswell when i saw what your doing...

I would replace the C section beams with rectangular hollow section ones, as they will increase the rigidity significantly and wont add a ton of weight.

also would add a X brace between them ie a X going across the car between the bottom of the ex-door frames and the oposite side load beam (under
the cross bar you have at the moment) (could do this will smaller square tube probably 1"x1" or something like that)

also would extend the main tubes all the way to the back, and weld them to the inside and outside shell sections along the top to try to salvage rigidity from the monocoque structure...

just my 2c :) i imagine theres probably someone on here with more experience than me seeing as im just a engineering student (well until 6 months time!)..

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Cool.

Too bad you can't notch it, tub it and bag it and make a mini-truck out of it :)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
was my first thought aswell when i saw what your doing...

I would replace the C section beams with rectangular hollow section ones, as they will increase the rigidity significantly and wont add a ton of weight.

also would add a X brace between them ie a X going across the car between the bottom of the ex-door frames and the oposite side load beam (under
the cross bar you have at the moment) (could do this will smaller square tube probably 1"x1" or something like that)

also would extend the main tubes all the way to the back, and weld them to the inside and outside shell sections along the top to try to salvage rigidity from the monocoque structure...

just my 2c :) i imagine theres probably someone on here with more experience than me seeing as im just a engineering student (well until 6 months time!)..

C channel would be fine aslong as the b pillars are properly braced and the C pillars too.

offtopic: doing your thesis soon? dreading mine :s

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
i dont have to do a thesis, just my final year project that is a total nightmare! as one of my team members is completely incompetent and the other got deported!

might have to do a thesis a few years down the track, seeing as my supervisors want me to do a PhD with their research group...

Worridge

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don't worry
Drive
98 Legnum AKA KEN
That thing will be sick! I wish there was a stock j-spec ute, so I could drive it and have the leggy for the chick/kids I am yet to have.
That way I could smoke maloos and my chick could smoke ss wagons.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
i dont have to do a thesis, just my final year project that is a total nightmare! as one of my team members is completely incompetent and the other got deported!

might have to do a thesis a few years down the track, seeing as my supervisors want me to do a PhD with their research group...

final year project, thats what i meant lol. i just call it a thesis haha. -2 team members hey? damn

Worridge

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don't worry
Drive
98 Legnum AKA KEN
What about a ladder rack/ roll bar like so with the arrow being another member in the place of the arrow? acting like an exo chassis.
AUT_0537.jpg

G

Unregistered
hey guys thanx for the comments and concerns too,i assure you the Transport Engineer working with us on this has ensured all the correct points have the correct amount of weights in them so no worries,this is still the beginning stage,there will be a ladder bar as such too,the ute is going to be a shed sleeper most of her life comming out once in a yellow moon for a blat or on car gathering days..

the tailgate is welded shut as a usa type truck well,its not for functionality its for custom remember so i wont be loading up gravel in it etc..
lights im not sure on just yet but the Evo X seems to be winning my favour so far..

the rear cabin is moving 250mm forward to waht you see in the pic ,(by the cross member ) il lkeep you posted with pics if you want but thoght id just shjare with you

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
I say keep the pics coming Q, I'm interested to see this evolve

G

Unregistered
well progress is slow this month but cosmetic add on purchases is on the rise...
got a HUGE USA Shipment due in 7 days full of some goodies both for this and for the Super Galant..

i think colour scheme is after wifes wise mouth seems to be flowing toward the black with Gold Pearle or a Bronze rustic type of colour.inspired also by this that is going o nthe bonnet .. it has a CF backing to it not black as per picture.
k_029.jpg

we are also now looking in the torneo hard top covers and top caps aswell so hopefully can make some pdates soon..

i want to also staart with some wheel ideas,remembering chrome can get Farket ok,and i want dish unless its a rg or some style,18X something sexc please

Top Bottom