TAS Let me introduce myself (pic heavy)

Tas_Legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wade
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Hi guys. Thought I'd best chuck up a post to introduce my self and say hi.
So I've not long had myself a Leggy. Wanted one for years and one came up at the right moment so I grabbed it.
1998 PFL VR-4 in Pearl White. Only mod is a cat-back 3" exhaust with JASMA spec rear muffler.
Here it was the day I picked it up.
20151019_171907.jpg

Here it is as of today.
20151129_121721.jpg
2015-11-29 13.57.31.jpg
20151129_121820.jpg

And here are 2 of my previous cars.
1990 Toyota Cressida with 1JZGTE swap and JZX81 Mark II Front end swap.
jzx083.jpg
FB_IMG_13830228955126075.jpg

I got bored with it so decided to sell it. 3 days later I picked up this.
1990 Toyota Celsior UCF11
10962_295895137268361_4047011107551377655_n.jpg
1622697_295895147268360_2096095169699910612_n.jpg
10696229_295896537268221_8126575471100926190_n.jpg

I had it for a little over a year when the gearbox decided to let go on me (the day before my Birthday lol) So like any "normal" person instead of fixing it I got my Leggy lol.
Here's what the Cel looked like before it left Japan sometime around 06. Some genius wrecked the front bar and wheels a week after he bought it off the guy who imported it.
attachment-2.jpg
attachment-3.jpg
attachment-4.jpg
attachment-5.jpg
attachment-6.jpg

Cheers Wade

Bourbonator

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
John
Drive
2000 legnum
Hey Wade, do you know many people up your way with Leggies/Galants?? im in the South end had car meet today had 4 of us was good Post is in the Tassie Forum at the bottom of Forum Cheers

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Dat x83. Oh my lord. I want it.

Welcome too. I'm sure someone will post the welcome template soon.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum, Wade :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13c

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Great to see another Tassie member, and great to see someone on the forums from Devonport! My car's been off the road for about 8 months, but should be back on the road in a month or so. Might catch you around sometime.

Tas_Legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wade
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Great to see another Tassie member, and great to see someone on the forums from Devonport! My car's been off the road for about 8 months, but should be back on the road in a month or so. Might catch you around sometime.
Must be sad times. That's 2 Galants up this way off the road that I know of now.

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Must be sad times. That's 2 Galants up this way off the road that I know of now.
Mine's only off the road for major service and mods. I miss driving it though :( I've only seen two other Galant's. Both Trigger Mauve. An older guy drives one of them, not sure who owns the other one. I don't think they're members on here, but I could be wrong?
There's nearly enough of us here in Tassie to get @TME_Steve to make a trip down to get tunes done!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Mine's only off the road for major service and mods. I miss driving it though :( I've only seen two other Galant's. Both Trigger Mauve. An older guy drives one of them, not sure who owns the other one. I don't think they're members on here, but I could be wrong?
There's nearly enough of us here in Tassie to get @TME_Steve to make a trip down to get tunes done!
There's a guy down there reckons he's already organised 4.... You'd be 5 if you're not one of his already ;)

Bourbonator

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
John
Drive
2000 legnum
yes more the better, looking at end of Jan. if your keen for a tune let me know im trying to Organise for Steve to come over, hit me up in a PM or find John Pregnell on Facebook and send me a Message. I have 3 very keen and 1 thinking about it but I will twist his arm lol you make 5 and Wade makes 6 and Scott was keen which will make 7 so fingers crossed a full day ahead for Steve :-D

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yikes 7! We were about to ask some evos. Let's leave it at vr4 then. Just working out costs now.

Cheers,

Steve

Bourbonator

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
John
Drive
2000 legnum
Yikes 7! We were about to ask some evos. Let's leave it at vr4 then. Just working out costs now.

Cheers,

Steve
At This Stage Steve, I have 3 confirmed, 2 undecided and sickvr4 so if all say yes that's 6, But out of 6, 3 are a goer

Bourbonator

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
John
Drive
2000 legnum
The sooner this is organised the sooner and cheaper the flights for Steve will be. so I need answers asap Cheers Looking to get Steve here end of January if that suits everyone ???

Top Bottom