6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
How Long is a peice of string.
My cars done 310,000k and it runs like a top but ive also maintained it well, all the usual stuff, rocker cover gaskets, wheel bearings, suspension bushes, oils etc.
If the car hasnt been maintained its probably a problem waiting to happen. But only you can tell that by looking at it.

COLT45

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jim
Drive
Lancer GTI 1995, Colt 1990
How Long is a peice of string.
My cars done 310,000k and it runs like a top but ive also maintained it well, all the usual stuff, rocker cover gaskets, wheel bearings, suspension bushes, oils etc.
If the car hasnt been maintained its probably a problem waiting to happen. But only you can tell that by looking at it.
Yeah, im only worried about engine internals tbh :D But thanks for the replies guys(y)

Picture of the car below.. i might go for it, fuck it.

How much would you guys pay for a legnum with over 300 000km+ rolled

It has eflexfuel kit on it and bigger injectors (maybe), could that make HC go over limits on the emissions? if it isnt tuned that good.

8488374eb46d02afc0f6c47e17882993.jpg

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
Yeah, im only worried about engine internals tbh :D But thanks for the replies guys(y)

Picture of the car below.. i might go for it, fuck it.

How much would you guys pay for a legnum with over 300 000km+ rolled

It has eflexfuel kit on it and bigger injectors (maybe), could that make HC go over limits on the emissions? if it isnt tuned that good.

You really can't compare prices with Australia, just like Australia can't compare prices with NZ.

If this was here and I knew it had rust in the wheel wells that needs repairing, I wouldn't pay over $2000AUD.

MrMann

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Johno
Drive
1997 Legnum - Non Turbo 6A13 - just hit 200,000KMS! 15,000 since ownership
1998 Super VR4 - Living on jackstands... for now.
My SuperVR4 has 259,000 kms paid 2,500$ NZD with boost issues of course; but I couldn't pass it up.
My STR is on 216,000 paid 1,200$ NZD for it been my daily for 3 or 4 years now.
They are both rough marketplace finds with little service history and quite frankly I'm amazed that my STR is still kicking.
Just an idea of the NZ Market I guess

punkyb

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Adam
Drive
2003 Mitsubishi Galant Estate 2.4 GDI INVECS-II , T08 Trigger Mauve
I can say that my Galant estate has been far far more reliable than the BMW E39 estate I had a while ago despite the Galant being far older and with more miles. I can't complain about running gear needing new bushings or brakes needing renewal. In a year of ownership, of a 2003 96k car all I've suffered is one aux belt snapping due to wear and the brake master cylinder failing. My Pas is leaking a little too. That's impressive for a car that age. All the most important parts of the car were cutting edge too. Complex suspension, GDI (in my case) which has become commonplace. The INVECS-II was advanced and quick for it's era too. The interior is very hard-wearing and the paintwork has also lasted extremely well, clearly a quality finish. No electrical or equipment malfunctions, no broken trim. Squeaks and rattles absent entirely. Headliner, upholstery and interior scrubs up like new with no signs of wear. A very user serviceable car without the disposable design of modern cars.

Mine has been rust prevented several times thankfully but my paintwork on my BMW was bubbling around the doors at 7 years old. My rear arches have only just starting to show a few bubbles.

Despite it's reputation my 2.4 GDI runs like clockwork still, though it's maintained extra hard to keep it that way. Low ash oils, catch can and oil/fuel system cleaned at service time. I use 99 RON fuel as well.

I think that's a very good testament to how these things hold up. They were built so they could be serviced well or repaired without ridiculous diagnostics (except MUT), special tools or unserviceable parts that many cars are plagued with. It's as good as the quality I've had from Honda's the same age. Some bubble economy quality overkill for sure

Top Bottom