Looking at getting a Legnum... SA Prices?

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Facelift Peal Legnum VR4
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie.. see thread http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=49954#post49954

Looking at getting a VR4 Wagon and have been looking at prices around australia, whenever I have seen them in SA they are around $15 - $16k... However other states appear to be around $10500 to $12k for a real decent good as new example..

My other thing is that I would like to get one from a dealer if I can do a trade in on the Bmw..

Any tips? I've read the buyers guide I saw in a thread, it says to look out for rust under the car and lubricant parts leaking etc.. fairly straight forward really, anything else though?

Cheers guys, seems like a good supportive crew on here too!!

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Check to see if there are any stickers under the hood which has dates and KM's on them. These usually indicate when major services where done ie timing belt and make sure that the KM's match (relatively) what's on the speedo. There are 3 views Trip A, Trip B and ODO accessed by pressing 3 times.

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
That makes sense, cheers Peter!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
id like to see a dealer list a good as new example at 10 to 12 k......theres one at Sinergy motorsport that looks pretty dam clean and i think was priced around 15k.

Id try and sell your bimmer privately too, you'll get much more for a little bit of effort

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Yeah i agree Dion...

As for selling mine privately, I would do that if we can, everythings a bit tight at the moment and we only have room for one car.. Plus it's so hard to sell a car privately at the moment!

G

Unregistered
are u referring to that silver one at synergy...
i had a look at that the other day as i wanted to see one in person (as i am yet to own one need $$$ haha), looks pretty nice and sounded good. Its auto and has the bright red carpet haha

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Did you drive it? I seen that one, looks real nice indeed..

I'd love to get one with leather and sunroof...

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
hmmm intreging... would be a good buy if it's in good condition..

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
hey, i just looked up the Super VR4 legnum for sale at sinergy.

All the super VR4's came with the red carpet, momo steering wheel and recaro seats. by the look of the photos someone has either swapped out the seats and steering wheel in japan or somewhere along the line in australia.

Just letting you know so you have some bargaining power with them if you are really interested in buying it ;)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
^^^ NO WAY!! That sounds very much like a car I inspected in Japan back in February!! I stayed well clear of it, assuming it's the same car. Has the seats out of a base model Legnum.

The one in the ad is one that I imported - note they've covered the Iron Chef sticker on the back window lol. That's selling at the same money it owed them from Japan, so yes it's a pretty decent deal.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
The one i was referring to was all silver, series 1, not a super vr4 (i think the 'super' was in their workshop out the back - i saw another legnum out there but didnt take much notice)

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I wouldn't touch anything at Sinergy for the life of me. I went there with the GF not too long ago to have a look/laugh.

There is a bodykitted 180SX inside, bog stock, for 18k. Yeah, righto...

I have seen the silver Legnum as well, and it has most things from a super, minus the recaros. They had it listed as a standard Legnum, yet it had the front canards, rear wing and full red interior...

I think it is that one that you saw Kristian. They must pickup the scraps and sell them at a premium. It's sad that so many people still buy from them.

"It's the Legnum's that Iron Chef rejects, that makes Iron Chef, the Best."

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Sounds a bit dodge!

Glad I found this forum, I haven't been a member of a car forum since i had my R32 Skyline...

G

Unregistered
yea i reckon its that leggy as well looks very very similar

Top Bottom