Looking to buy

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
My Series 1 97 Leggy has those rims, if thats any help. It's an S with AYC and all the rest. They are pretty terrible, changing mine soon.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Perhaps he kept the aftermarket wheels on it and replaced them with Type V/facelift wheels. Who knows?
Definitely a Type S though. Nardi steering wheel, chrome gear surround and AYC.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Have been searching for an answer to this question but still looking. What is the difference between the V and the S besides the chassis number? i.e how can to tell visually?

Gary

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Hey Gary, you didn't look in the Index hehe
Don't worry, we'll keep it on the low downs from Trev lol shhhh

Type V has no AYC, no frared guards, black plastic instead of chrome surround on gear lever, standard steering wheel (not the Nardi one) and pre-2000 models didn't have the hi-vis dash.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Bit of a strange one indeed, but it looks as if it is a Type S. You'll find out for sure if you have an AYC diff!

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
I did look in the index but I couldnt find what I was after. Its a bit like looking for something that hard, it ends up being right in front of your nose....which it appears to have been.

Gary

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, well the car has gone and I am cashed up, only proiblem is my wife is concerned about the availability of parts etc for the Legnum:rolleyes: . Can some one please let me know the availability and cost of parts for these beasts. I have searched the forum and located the "consumable" parts list but that is all.

Come on guys, I need some honest feedback, bearing in mind that I am not flushed with cash so I dont want to be forking out $ every second week/month.

Gary

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
If you plan ahead, parts are not a problem - there are places you can get them from in NZ quite easily. The issue arises when your car breaks down unexpectedly and you can't get the parts within a day or two. However, if you look after your car, an unexpected breakdown is unlikely to happen.

Cost is going to be greater since the parts are harder to find, except the occasional case where we can share parts with Oz market Mitsubishis.

But don't let it deter you. It's worth it. :D

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
If you plan ahead, parts are not a problem - there are places you can get them from in NZ quite easily. The issue arises when your car breaks down unexpectedly and you can't get the parts within a day or two. However, if you look after your car, an unexpected breakdown is unlikely to happen.

Cost is going to be greater since the parts are harder to find, except the occasional case where we can share parts with Oz market Mitsubishis.

But don't let it deter you. It's worth it. :D

Thanks for the info, I have read enough on this forum to realise everyday parts can be found but it isn't me that has to be won over.
I am leaning towards the one earlier in this thread and was hoping someone may have further info on the seller/car. I noticed he has dropped the $ by $900 so I made him an offer, I will just have to hurry up and wait now.

Top Bottom