Low Profile Trolly Jack Special - autobarn

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Hi guys,

Just reading the latest autobarn catalogue that arrived last night. They have a couple low profile trolley jacks on special.

$199 (supposedly save $100, believe that if you want)
2000kg
Lowered: 95mm
Raised: 500mm
SKU TO16828

$249 (supposedly save $50, believe that if you want)
1200kg
Lowered: 84mm
Raised: 375mm
SKU TO19906

I'm thinking of the 1st one as I have a lifted Vitara so the extra height will be very handy, the second one wouldn't even get it off the ground!

http://www.haigh.com.au/index.php?option=showproduct&ParentID=495
First jack is 2nd from the bottom and the second jack is 1st one at the top.

Cheers
Pete

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
VERY HANDY TO KNOW!

I may have to pick one up, after missing out on the $119.00 CostCo special they had for it six months ago.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
How do these things compare to the ones from Supercheap Auto?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
The ones listed on the SCA site are about $20 cheaper but are 50mm taller at their lowest setting.

WinfieldBlue

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ceaser
Drive
galant
VERY HANDY TO KNOW!

I may have to pick one up, after missing out on the $119.00 CostCo special they had for it six months ago.

i will put up a post when they have there next special on the trolly jacks, we are suppose to be very cheap on tyres to. :)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Ceaser, that jack looks awesome, I bet freight to Darwin would be killer though :(

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
My opinion is to stay away from the aluminium jacks if it is having regular use, almost all of them incl. snap on come from the same factory in China. I opted for the ultra low profile 2.2t blue point steel construction jack it is the best jack I've ever owned by far.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
What's the max/min height Jon?
Approx cost?

I was keen on the one from super cheap as I have lifted the Vitara and want to lower the Legnum one day so the height range was ideal.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Don't know specs, but very low and very high lol. was about $850. Made to last. Remember though I use it daily, I don't think you/others will need one that extreme

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
My opinion is to stay away from the aluminium jacks if it is having regular use, almost all of them incl. snap on come from the same factory in China. I opted for the ultra low profile 2.2t blue point steel construction jack it is the best jack I've ever owned by far.

same here.. my dad would never use an aluminum jack even for a short period of time..

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Yeah in a business I can understand, but for personal use I can see no way of justifying $850 on a jack steel or no steel! Aluminium should be fine. I always use jack stands as well.

G

Unregistered
I have commandeered my mates 8 tonne rated steel jack from the back of his HMMWV since it has been off the road with a few problems. It's unreal, it's so powerful it lifts the Leggy like it weighs nothing and it's so solid you can guarantee it will never collapse or move.I think he only paid $400ish for it too. I will see if I can find out And let you guys know.Worth it for sure.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I always use jack stands as well.

Good man, you should always use jack stands no matter how much your jack is rated for. I had a mate who was almost crushed under his car because the seals in his relatively new jack failed.

WinfieldBlue

Crunching Gears
First Name
Ceaser
Drive
galant
Yeah in a business I can understand, but for personal use I can see no way of justifying $850 on a jack steel or no steel! Aluminium should be fine. I always use jack stands as well.

Totally agree dude, 850 is a little steep.

Top Bottom