lower control arms

G

Unregistered
can anybody help me. i need the passender side lower controll arm for my 1997 vr4. its the one that goes from the footwell forward and bends 90 degrees to the right toward the wheel. i need one pretty bad as my car is off the road at the moment because mines bent badly. i cant find one anywhere.
cheers darryl

G

Unregistered
isnt it the same as the eclipse 97-99? or is that just the upper ball joint.
good luck in finding a part try pm hipsi(trav) or just plain nuts(ben) they might still have some parts from their front cuts

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
use the search button and you will find 2 - 3 threads mentioning that the 97-99 eclipse ones fit off ebay. should cost you barely anything.

G

Unregistered
speaking of suspension components, anyone know what the below part is called? i had the car on a hoist a couple of days ago and noticed that it was quite badly bent (as opposed to the passenger side - smaller circle).

07102008218.jpg

its joined to the lower front rear control arm and at the moment is pushing my swaybar up and its knocking on the control arm itself plus other parts.

G

Unregistered
yea i no the eclipse one fits but i have to wait for it which i cant so would prefer to buy one here where i can get it in a few days. i have tried nearly all suspension and parts places in my area. the answer for everything is not found buy the search button. stop throwing that call out there.

G

Unregistered
speaking of suspension components, anyone know what the below part is called? i had the car on a hoist a couple of days ago and noticed that it was quite badly bent (as opposed to the passenger side - smaller circle).

07102008218.jpg

its joined to the lower front rear control arm and at the moment is pushing my swaybar up and its knocking on the control arm itself plus other parts.
its called the lower control arm. all the bushes in this area can be replaced. pedders and repco have them all in stock

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
yea i no the eclipse one fits but i have to wait for it which i cant so would prefer to buy one here where i can get it in a few days. i have tried nearly all suspension and parts places in my area. the answer for everything is not found buy the search button. stop throwing that call out there.
ah right i see what you're saying.. i have one i am happy to let go, mind you it will need replacing as the ball joint is a little worn.

G

Unregistered

07102008218.jpg

its joined to the lower front rear control arm and at the moment is pushing my swaybar up and its knocking on the control arm itself plus other parts.[/quote
its called the lower control arm. all the bushes in this area can be replaced. pedders and repco have them all in stock
its not the bushes i need to replace, its that whole bracket itself.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Stephen, according to this its called No.3 stay

no3Stay.jpg

Id try to find a mitsubishi part number but my CAPS program isnt working.

G

Unregistered
sweet. ill have a looksee when i get home. thanks heaps mate!

Top Bottom