Lower control arms - front and rear

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I searched but couldn't find the exact info I need...

I need new front and rear lower control arms for my pre-facelift Galant. I'll get something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-99...spagenameZWDVW for the front, but I need to know if these will also suit the rear. If not, what are my other options?

I'm also going to need new swaybar bushes front & rear, are these available separately or will I need to buy one of the complete bushing kits that has been discussed lately?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The rears are different, both will be available from mitsi, probably quite expensive though.

The swaybar bushes will also be available from mitsi, doubt they'd be expensive enough to worry about importing them.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah trying to avoid going through Mitsubishi for the arms if I can... The $1k price tag is a little silly. Is it possible to replace the bushes in the rear arms or is it the same as the front, can only replace the bushes by replacing the whole arm?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
if you're buying that front lower control arm.. you might as well buy the the whole front control arms since the ball joints on them would be loose already..

like this set.. control arms

that includes 6 control arms for the front (upper control arm, lower control arm and the curved control arm)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah saw that one, wasn't sure if it would be overkill but you make a good point. Will probably buy that set if I can find rear control arms for a decent price... Not looking good though. :(

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
im actually waiting for a response from an ebay store which i am buying 6 arms (all of the front ones) and tie rod ends etc from.. he is going to see what kind of deal can be done with regards shipping....

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
ANYONE HAVE THESE IN THEIR CAR

nengun-0529-00-cusco-lower_arm_bar_version_i.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
either one of those kits will fit..

with the rears, I haven't heard anyone having issues apart from the bushings and the hub bearing..

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
So getting one of those pro-thane kits is the go for the rear? I was hoping to avoid urethane. I might see if pedders can re-press them in rubber.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I hate urethane

Top Bottom