Lower seat rails for recaros

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
has it been done?

I have been recently discussing this with Christian.
I want to sit lower. Are there any options?

Tris

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
no way! wish i was taller. I am 197cm and am a sad panda that i never hit 200cm :)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
can you put up some pics of the stock recaro rails

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
i have never taken one. I just did a quick google search and can't find anything..

Ill check Yahoo auctions

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
So, anyone know how to do it with factory recaros? Or maybe somebody know how to tilt seat a little?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Factory Recaro seats have a bulge at the bottom so they don't fit some aftermarket rails e.g. Bride MO. I have aftermarket Recaro rails that fit but don't sit much lower. I changed to Evo 7 seats with Bride rails and they sit noticeably lower than the factory Recaro.

Reactions: Gav

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
Ok, but maybe you know, there is any chance that I can sit lower on factory rails and factory recaro? Maybe its possible to redo or adapt seat mounting or something, I havent took seat off yet so I have no idea how its looks like...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Lots of people customise existing rails, you can do it. For structural integrity I wouldn't do it personally. Recaro may have sold lower rails for EC5 but I can't find any on Yahoo auctions.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
Get it, I will try to find something :) what about rails from normal factory seats? Beacuse in normal one you can tilt whole seat and for me that will be enough...

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
The Recaro seats have different mounting dimensions to the standard factory seats. Height adjustment would have been handy.

Legnum666

Idling at the Lights
First Name
L
Drive
Legnum VR4
Has anyone tried the NZKW seat rail. It looks like an adaptor plate?, anyone got photos or more info on them, just asking before I contact them.
Looks like a flat adaptor plate but I'm not sure how this would work with the standard factory seat rails!, any info appreciated.
:)

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
If you have factory recaros then you will have to modify the factory rails to make them sit lower. If you are using the Evo SR recaro's then you can use something like the NZKW or Bride rails. I had Bride rails with Honda DC2 SR2 recaros and they were a lot lower than factory.

All the NZKW rails are, is the base that the slider mounts to, then the seat mounts to the slider. The Bride ones are one unit.

Legnum666

Idling at the Lights
First Name
L
Drive
Legnum VR4
looking to fit evo recaros with evo recaro rails and bases into my legnum.
Recaro bases are made for evo floorpan, so I need something to mount the seats to. But I only have normal seat bases and runner in the legnum.
not sure if the NZKW plates will mate an evo 8 recaro to the standard legnum seat rails??
I thought the standard legnum seat rails and base were actually a part of the seat and not a bolted on frame??.
Any info appreciated.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4

low+vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 VR4 Legnum MT
I've got legnum super seats in mine, will evo 5 etc recaros bolt to the super rails?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I've got legnum super seats in mine, will evo 5 etc recaros bolt to the super rails?
Yes Evo 5 and 6 will bolt onto those factory recaro rails. 7/8/9 should too though I haven't tested. Evo 5/6 seats may sit higher that the super recaro using factory recaro seat rail.

Top Bottom