chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
2000 type S, Manual and Recaro's
Yep, that worked.

I can now confirm two things (from seat of the pants dyno);

1. I have been running wastegate boost since buying the car, suspect the solenoid has been gone for a long time; and
2. I will be seeing TME Steve for a 3 port and tune ASAP, if a $2 MBC can make this much improvement I cant wait to see what a proper tune and decent boost control will do.

I know you get what you pay for, however this boost controller spikes like a MOFO.

Thank you all again for your assistance,

Richard.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
What pressure are you now seeing? I'd be hesitant to go beyond stock ~10/11psi without a tune to suit as factory tune is pretty ordinary at bigger load. Does a great job of turning fuel into detonation and smoke.

G

Unregistered
Agreed, factory fuel pump + too much boost = destroyed engine.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I think about 12psi is safe as houses. I ran 16 on a $5 boost controller with no supporting mods in my legnum for a long time without drama

Kenneth

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Kenneth
Drive
1999 Galant VR-4
Main thing you need when upping the boost is a bigger/better intercooler. Standard car running 14psi of boost will get knock counts up to the 20s in summer here (New Zealand, 98 octane fuel)

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
Boost seems to be spiking to about 15, then dropping to about 11, I would like it to sit around 11 without the spiking at the start could this in anway be affected by the factory solenoid seeing as it is not functioning?

I have a large front mount FYI.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Did you bypass the bleed solenoid when you fitted the MBC? Either way, if it isn't functioning (no bleed, straight pass through) or removed altogether, it won't be causing the spike, that'll most likely be from the controller you've fitted or perhaps a leak in the vac lines.

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
No, I did not bypass it, thought that seeing as it was not functioning that I would not need to, should i?

Top Bottom