Zaino14

Insta: @vr4lLegOfHam
First Name
Zain
Drive
1998 FL Legnum VR4 Type S Manual
So, I have a another Legnum I purchased in mint condition, however the auto box has died in less then a month. Without having taken in apart yet I'm pretty sure it's gonna have to be re-built. The only good news is that I have another legnum thats a manual sitting in my garage at home. No real issues with it either.

I know it's going to cost around 4k to get the auto box rebuilt (assuming the gears are intact), so I'm thinking it's gonna be cheaper/better to get the manual box out of the other car and chuck it in this one. Only problem is I don't really know what I'm doing and have no idea where to get it done. Already tried RPW and they said that don't do that at all. I assume it's beyond my skillset and not worth attempting myself at home either?

Anyone have any recommendations on shops in Perth that will do this kind of work? I'm in no rush to get it done, but would rather pay someone to do it (as long as the price is astronomical) to avoid trying myself and screwing it up.

Additionally does anyone know what it should cost to do the conversion in terms of labour? I assume that almost everything needed for the conversion is in the manual car, so just a matter of getting all to work.

Any other general advice would be greatly appricated, I'm at a total loss as of what to do to be honest!

Zaino14

Insta: @vr4lLegOfHam
First Name
Zain
Drive
1998 FL Legnum VR4 Type S Manual
So, just outta curiosity what’s your auto box doing for it to be faulty ?

Was pulling out of the servo, put it in gear and heard crunching noises from the gear box. Had it two straight away to avoid doing any more damage. Without having taken the box apart yet, pull out oil cooler and lines were all blocked. Pretty sure it's gonna need a decent rebuild.

Top Bottom