marcus aka Mike // Manila - Phillipines

G

Unregistered
Hey everyone!!!:) I've been following your forum topics for a few months now and registered about a month ago. I look forward to getting alot of good tips and help from everyone here and hope to share whatever limited knowledge I have!!!;)
I own a '00 vr v6, unfortunately our local dealers don't import or sell VR4 legnums or galants. So those of us that are VR4 fans end up doing a conversion of our local sedans.
I did an engine swap from a 6A13 n/a to a 6A13 twin turbo, fortunately everything was a direct fit/bolt on. We however did some mods for the all wheel drive conversion, getting the rear diff, gas tank and propeller to fit nicely was a b_tch to do!!!:ROFLMAO:

Here's a few before and after shots:

Before:
bumpsforsale2.jpg

bumpsforsale.jpg

DSC09018.jpg

After:
3.jpg

9.jpg

DSC09216.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Yeah I second that...that's a nice looking piece of gear! Care to show us more photos? :D

Welcome too!!

G

Unregistered
Wow thats a sexy looking Galant u have there, obviously alot of care taken to make things look good too. Have u done anything to the motor besides the dump pipes and exhaust ?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
welcome and kamusta.. you've got a nice car... I know there are some of you who's gone through alot to get these cars converted into TT and AWD.. hope we can all meet when I fly back there this September..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
thats a lot of work, you've even used the facelift rear lights and got the full facelift VR-4 body kit on it. Nice one :)

G

Unregistered
Wow, thanks guys for all the positive feedback!!!:)
Yes, it was a lot of work!!! Time, patience and not to mention a whole lot a money/mooooolah!!! hahaha.....
But in the end (or should I say, time being!!!;)) it was all well worth it!!!

As for any further upgrades go, I plan to do that after about a month of testing. I just got the car back and on the road about 3wks ago, need to make sure everything with the car, engine and AWD conversion, is ok and i'm comfortable cornering at 100kph!!! hehehe.... Just breaking in and safety for the moment.

As for larger turbos not sure just yet, i'm toying with the idea of buying a new block with new turbos on them, a distributor has a stock of them!!! there's nothing like a brand new engine!!!;)

After my safety and break in process is done, I have a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller standing by for installation, a walbro fuel pump, a bar and plate fmic, full stainless steel turbo pipings w/couplers and t-bolts. I may also install a 3rd aux fan for cooling purposes to compensate for the heat over here not to mention the heat that's already produced by our machines!!!:ROFLMAO:

@Christian
How's it going bro!!! send me a pm when you'll be arriving or when you
want to get together. A group of VR4 enthusiasts usually hang out on
friday nights.

I'll post up some interior pics as soon as I take some!:)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Geez that's a LOT of work.

So if you don't have a VR4, you make your own? nice!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That car is gorgeous, there must have been a hell of a lot of money spent on that!! The respray alone would be worth more than some VR4's over here, let alone all the work that would have gone in to finding and fitting all those body components, the engine & transmission conversion and that freaken exhaust! The mind boggles!! It's hard to believe they're the same car! RESPECT!

Top Bottom