matchtheclown aka Hugh // NSW

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Hey lads,

Seemed a good place to join seeing as I'm planning on importing a legnum quite soon.

I'm seeing the legnum as a luxobarge / sports car cross over. I want something that will cruise well and be comfy for 4 lads on a snow trip... but also has plenty of stick and will be fun though twisties on the weekend if I feel so inclined.

I want a manual, but I was also originally keen on leather.... but my searching seems to show that the leather ones don't seem to come manual... I figure I can always get a leather interior put in if i'm keen.... and maybe I could even find a full leather interior in japan or something? Do they have car wreckers over there?

Anyhow whatever... I've emailed ironchef to start the ball rolling, that purple manual one he has advertised is pretty attractive with its go fast bits and brembo front brakes etc.

I'll have to wait and see what turns up.... I'm pretty certian i'll be driving one within 6 months!

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Welcome to the forum Hugh.
When it comes to manual leather Legnum's I have one word for you.
"Patience"
They're rare but they do turn up.
Best of luck.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Yea, stick to your guns and you'll get what you want eventually!

welcome too

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Ha, I don't have as much patience as I thought. I didn't realise they only came in beige leather to. Anyhow.... There may be a legnum in japan with my name on it already. I'll let ya know!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
You think you're impatient? I went to test drive a Legnum after stumbling upon this forum. I had no intention of buying anything that day.

Um.

I bought it...

lol

G

Unregistered
me too, saw a galant in a car park while i was looking at wrx's and supras, liked it and typed galant into carsales looked at one that day and that happens to be the best i found after subsequent weeks of looking and bought it.

kiddyvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
monty
Drive
VR4 Galant 1997
me too, saw a galant in a car park while i was looking at wrx's and supras, liked it and typed galant into carsales looked at one that day and that happens to be the best i found after subsequent weeks of looking and bought it.

Ha you guys crack me up, I spent about 12months looking for a VR4 when they couldnt be imported to aus. I bought the first one i saw, had to fly to adelaide to get it off the iron chef...

Welcome and good luck too hugh hope you find the one for you.:)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'll pop up the car once I have the invoice and I have secured it.... >_> <_< >_>

Should only be a couple of days.

Let's just say Purple and manual for now :p

kiddyvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
monty
Drive
VR4 Galant 1997
Trigger mauve (the best colour) and manual is a perfect start but i have to say that :ROFLMAO:. I think i know the car your talking about i want the wheels if it is....

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
mmmmmmm.... purple and manual.... now where have I seen one like that before...

Oh yeah, mine! :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I think i know the car your talking about i want the wheels if it is....
LOL everyone does, apparently :rolleyes:

Well done Hugh, you'll be tickled pink once you get that puppy on the road.

If you've indeed gotten the car we're all thinking of and you want the fog lamps, I recommend you start looking on Yahoo Japan asap - they're almost $700 EACH from Mitsubishi Australia, or around $300 from Mitsubishi Japan. I suspect they'd be substantially cheaper second hand, but they hardly ever come up.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Yah you got me. I'm still waiting for the invoice so I don't want to start saying it's mine yet.

How the fak are you supposed to browse yahoo japan auctions without being able to read japanese?!

I would like a set of driving lights :(

Also if anyone has roof racks they arn't using i'm interested in them to for snow trips......:redface:

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Roof racks would be a pain in the ass to install, and triple that for removing them - I highly doubt anyone will be pulling theirs off to leave a bunch of lovely holes that'll need filling.

There are a couple of translation services for Yahoo auctions, namely Import Monster and Japan Parts Direct. Alternatively you can get in contact with parts importers - do some looking around the forums and I'm sure you'll find what you need :)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
definately wait for the car you want i did and have not been disapointed and dont think manuals dont come with leather they do :)

i found mine within a few weeks of looking but they are there just keep looking

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Learning Japanese would be faster than waiting for the car you want... :p

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name