Mayhem50 aka Dave // Shepparton - VIC

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Series Two, Legnum, R33 Skyline
Hi all,
I've been looking a something a little more practical than my r33 skyline for a while now. Basically I want a car I can take to the snow full of mates with our snowboards on top, that’s also sexy and fun to drive.... = legnum.. :D

I've now got the money and just drove a series one at kamikaze in Melbourne on the weekend , was pretty much love at first drive.
I’m preferably after a black (to match my skyline.. :p) or the dark purple series two model with a roof rack and hopefully a sunroof. Though I could be turned onto a Perl white given I know the pain of owning a dark colored car.

Seriously considering (like 90% the way there) of importing one through kamikaze so I can get exactly what I want.

If anyone knows of one for sale in or close to Vitoria please let me know, I’ll be having a further look through forums case I’ve missed on there.

I’m pretty keen to get the one soon or start the ball rolling on importing one.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
What does "excatly what you want" mean.... Please specify haha ;)

Welcome to the club too. Hope you find what you are after!

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Kristian (Iron Chef) will look after you here mate.

www.ironchefimports.com

I bought mine through private import, but even Kristian could have gotten me a better deal! (Yes, well Kristian? where were you huh? LOL)

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
What does "excatly what you want" mean.... Please specify haha ;)

Welcome to the club too. Hope you find what you are after!

What i want is your black 2000 legnum.. Where are you in NSW?

when i tried to PM you as well it didn't work?

case you wanna keep it private you can also email on mayhem50@gmail.com

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Sounds like a long drive.... very long..:rolleyes:
blue? think i need my eyes checked lol.:confused: or check the gamma on my monitor

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It is a very very dark blue that looks black in anything but direct sunlight

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Its an awesome colour haha

I'll send you an email when I get back to MY PC, just borrowing someone's at the moment :)

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Dave.

It sounds like you need the Legnum here sooner rather than later. If this is the case, consider whether importing is appropriate, as the whole process easily takes arond 3 months (some members have waited much longer!).

The good news is that the Aussie dollar is back abover 80 US cents, making importing a very attractive option from a price perspective. In my view, you would import if:

a) you had the time and patience to wait for the car; and/or

b) you were after a very specific colour and option combination (e.g. Black, manual, sunroof, Recaros etc).

If time is of the essence, have a punt with Carsales, Ebay etc.

Dawso's car is a very good option and from what I've read, has been very well maintained.

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
I don't mind waiting so much, not sure about travelling to far out of vic as it will add to cost.

What I liked about kamikaze is that legnums they had in his show room would extremely tidy and they said that’s the type of condition they import them in.

So I kind of feel like I know what I would I would be getting. Where as if I was to buy something from Queensland from a random dealer or person and have it shipped down I won’t really know what state it is in until it shows ups.

The other thing from what I understand and you may be able to correct me. I got the impression kamikaze do everything and I don’t need to lift a finger till I pay for it, pick it up and dive it home.

I got the impression with other importers I had to pay for the complancing and road worthies and all that stuff myself as it happens so there would be more mucking around on my part.

There is a legnum for sale atm (that I’m not sure I should bag out in public) that I’ve seen in person and it’s got scratches and marks all over it. But in some pictures I’ve see online now it looks great.
Also when I seen it in person a month before it showed up online it was around 4k cheaper.

I just had another look at it on the weekend to make sure it was the same car same marks bigger price, go figure…

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
With Kamikaze, you'll have to pay for compliancing and roadworthy etc. just as with any other importer. The difference (if there is one) is in how much hassle they absorb for you, and how much they pass on for you to deal with yourself.

I didn't import mine - I bought it off the lot from Kamikaze. I have heard good and bad things about Kamikaze (as well as other dealerships) but I found them to be quite reasonable and I'm happy with the car I got. I am aware that I paid a premium for the convenience of having the compliancing already done, plus dealer markup etc. but I still think I got a decent price. It's a matter of time vs. money really. And with the global financial crisis you might be able to haggle them down a lot.

I have NOT ever heard a bad thing about Kristian (Iron Chef). Well, except maybe the rumours (with photo evidence) about what he did to that R35 GT-R in Tokyo...

Of course, as with any recommendations and feedback you get, your mileage may vary.

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Was just talking to a mate, think it might be best if i go dark carpets/seats etc as things could get pretty dirty from snow trip.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
G'Day Dave,

At least your carpet's not red! (Super VR-4 *heh*).

It's always fun driving through Shep in the Legnum... you get the biggest WTF looks and I do manage some country miles. Hell, I've taught in Katandra West, jumped outta a plane at Nagambie and more shenanigans abound.

So, why the Legnum over your R33? Just curious!

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
G'Day Dave,

At least your carpet's not red! (Super VR-4 *heh*).

It's always fun driving through Shep in the Legnum... you get the biggest WTF looks and I do manage some country miles. Hell, I've taught in Katandra West, jumped outta a plane at Nagambie and more shenanigans abound.

So, why the Legnum over your R33? Just curious!

Ever tried to fit 5 guys and their snowboarding gear in a skyline..:banghead:.. once my board is in i can fit one other person with no board unless we took the bindings off our both our boards. Plus i'd rather an all wheel drive in snow and mud. So after having a skyline legnum seems logical

I'm still keeping the skyline atm.

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Good luck with it all mate, Hope you find what you are looking for

I had a listen to your band smashdy, not bad it reminds me of sunklotto through i don't listen to sound of music much anymore.

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Just a bit of an update (for some reason i thought i had already updated) but I'm in the process of getting kamikaze to import my leggy.

I'm after a black or Perl white series two, Auto, with sunroof and roof rails. Its almost been two weeks since we began the process. I'm hoping something will pop up soon but if it doesn't i can wait.

Tho I am hoping that when i get back from my snowboarding trip in new zealand in 6 weeks it will be at lest on its way into country.... /crossfingers :D

mayhem50

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Update: still looking...
had one pop up last week but it had some rust so its a no go.

Finding a series two with roof rails is proving difficult...

Top Bottom