MickeyB aka Micah // QLD

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
I never really drove the Stagea as a factory car, so I'm in the dark. I think it's pretty safe to say that very little stops like the Stagea anyway, so I'll have to learn to take it easy :)

G

Unregistered
i think you'd be right. :p

being a daily they should be adequate, paul (takumi) on here has slotted rotors and EBC green stuff on stock callipers and said they made a big difference, otherwise you can chuck on some EVO brembo's if you are that keen....

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
Update: car went from Customs to Compliance 2 days ago, and I'm going to the RAW to see it for the first time tomorrow: not long now - exciting times!

G

Unregistered
so when do you take possession? and why are you selling it?!

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
excess to requirement: the mrs has her pick, but she loves the Chaser, and I've put waaaay tooo much blood, sweat and money into the Stagea, so it stays. I have decided to buy all the cars I wanted over the years of reading HPI etc, then sell them: I doubt I'll make much $$ if any, but I won't lose too much, and I get to sample all of Japan's finest.

If the mrs prefers the Legnum, then the Chaser will be sold, and I'll just reinvest the proceeds into the next car etc...etc...

In theory, this will workk, but reality has the hgabit of being a real bitch, so worst case I get stuck with a good car that owes me very little...

If I really like it, I'll get a manual.

*edit* car should be on the road in around 2 weeks, hopefully

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hahaha you're insane Micah!

First one I drove was mine, and only the second one I'd seen in the metal. They're a really smooth ride, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

G

Unregistered
ahh.. i thought the leggy was you're daily...
the 1J is an awesome bit of kit, and i love the look of the chasers (one of the other cars i looked at when my skyline got written off... which was actually 1 year ago yesterday!!)

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
good news: it has the factory tv and satnav: even the remote is there! Hopefully I can get it running in Australia...

The car was tider than the photos showed, which means it is immaculate, so I'm very happy!

G

Unregistered
good to hear!
mine had the factory tv/sat nav, etc.. i ripped it out straight away though. :p

where's the pics? :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Micah, welcome to the forums mate. Good to see you've brought your experience from SAU and JZX100 here... the ability to tinker will go some ways into getting into the Legnums :)

The Stag looks great and those brakes are... well... no words can describe it :)

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
Ok.... I'm normally a patient type of guy, but this is getting ridiculous! My car has been sitting for weeks on end, all ready to go, except DOTARS are taking their sweet time, yet again... It will be any day now, but it's so drawn out, I'm almost over it :(

G

Unregistered
you poor boy.. now you have to wait for your TWO V35's as well...

stagea, legnum, chaser, v35, and chargespeed v35... how will you ever cope :p

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
I'll do my best...

Still, doesn't make it any easier.... I really feel for you guys who waited for months to get theirs: I don't know what I would have done...

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
At least we can assure you that they are worth the wait!

Hold in there mate!

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
Wuhoo! I have the car! Picked it up today: I can't wait to really take it for a spirited drive...

The battery is r00ted, but I guess that's to be expected: it's been 3 months or more... I missed the Roadworthy guy, so I'm going to get it registered tomorrow.

First impressions are good: the build quality is excellent, and it rides smooth and quiet: makes a nice change... The radio is buggered too, which is a shame, since I wanted to keep the car completely factory, but at least it gives me an excuse to fit a cd player: the previous (elderly) owner optioned it with sat/nav, but no stacker: I even got a japanese mixed music tape in the player!

G

Unregistered
OOoh tough choice between the Legnum and Chaser.

They are both fantastic cars in their own right. Both look slick and sophisticated due to having no INYOURFACEMOFO bodykits, and are quick.

mickeyb

Crunching Gears
First Name
Micah
Drive
Stagea Legnum Chaser
Update: the car is surprisingly good, and I mean that as a big compliment: my expectations were completely surpassed :)

It does have a pretty bad drivers side rack end, but apparently that's quite common (?), and a relatively easy fix. The tramlining and speed wobble although small, are still annoying.

My initial impressions of the car were that it was pretty limp-wristed, but having driven it around for the last couple of days, I think I was being extremely unfair: I'm beginning to really like it! It's really very punchy for a stock standard car, and it handles like a demon (even better when the rack end gets fixed), and the build quality is surprisingly good. I love the hi-vis guages...

Yesterday I got it registered, and fitted 17"s, and today we replaced the cactus tape deck with a cd/mp3 player, which makes it a lot more pleasant to be in. Other than that, everything works as it should.

About the only criticisms I could aim at the car are the time it takes the gearbox to shift in tiptronic mode, and the barely adequate brakes, but I guess it was my choice to buy a tiptronic, and brakes would be easily upgraded if I was inclined to...

Overall, it was a nice surprise to have the car exceed my expectations: I am happy with it :)

Top Bottom