mikeyt aka Mike // SA (new owner of 'formanths' Legnum)

G

Unregistered
Hi guys,

I've been reading on the forums for about a week (about the length of time that i've known that legnum's existed) and managed to take formanth's 97 5spd white leggy off him.

First of all i don't know much about these cars, i used to have mini's, then an AW11 mr2 and a BG familia. after that i moved onto the conservative mistubishi colt but am in the process of changing jobs which requires me to have decent boot space but also allows me to have a vehicle that drinks fuel at no cost to myself: so i went looking and found the legnum.

my trade is motor trimming, so i have some experience in the inside of your car although my new job has absolutely nothing to do with it- so forgive me if i'm no use at all.

hope to see you local guys around the place.

-mike.

Attachments

• DSCF0145__Medium_.JPG
    DSCF0145__Medium_.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 28

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Formanth's Legnum found a happy home? Welcome to the forums mate :)

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Welcome Mike,

yes, you did manage to grab it off me...on a bloomin' long weekend....just when I feel like driving it today!:ROFLMAO: ....I'm kidding, of course!
Yeah, everyone here would agree that it's way too easy to do lots of quick, comfortable k's in these cars;)

Don't forget there's an SA Ozvr4 cruise coming up soon (mid-Feb)..definitely good fun!

All the best, mate!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
looks nice and clean, great pick up :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Welcome Mike

Good to see the car stayed in SA, and your a member on here.

So your a motor trimmer hey... feel like some cash work? piping on my drivers seat needs replacing - can you tell me roughly how much?
(see it in this shot with my son in the drivers seat :) )

LachlannHelp.jpg

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
^^^ was gonna say, hows the insurance on taht one :p

glad you made it here Mike, you picked up a perfect legnum for an absolute song

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Welcome Mike, you picked up a very nice car. Still never got round to putting one of my stickers on it lol.

Quick question - how many hides do you need to do a full leather re-trim? Mitsubishi Oz are selling some at the moment, and I'm thinking about picking a few up to re-do my "new drive car" ;)

G

Unregistered
Thanks guys, i'm aiming to get to the cruise so i can chat with you face to face although i won't be able to meet up until the afternoon.

Hotwire said:
feel like some cash work? piping on my drivers seat needs replacing - can you tell me roughly how much?
Hi Lee, i'm leaving my current job and will no longer have access to a workshop so i'm of no use to you, i can tell you it'll probably be a 2-3 hours labour and whatever the material cost:- depending on whether the piping is leather or vinyl and how closely you want it matched.

as far as getting the job done, i can only recommend Jim's Trim - especially with motor trimming, you get what you pay for. That being said i've only dealt with a handful of shops, i'm sure there's other decent trimmers about.

Iron Chef said:
Quick question - how many hides do you need to do a full leather re-trim? Mitsubishi Oz are selling some at the moment, and I'm thinking about picking a few up to re-do my "new drive car"
Hi Kristian, i have personally changed my view on full leather re-trims, i used to wonder why people would cheapen leather by mixing it with vinyl. But after a while you begin to wonder why you're paying all this money for leather when parts of it you can't see or ever touch. it's up to you.
full leather for a leggy you won't get much change out of 5 hides assuming they're 3m squared and that you'd include the door inserts with the seats to be retrimmed.
Where as if you could use a look-a-like vinyl on your C and possibly B panels you'd save yourself 2 hides.
if the hides are a one time offer, perhaps you might want to get an exact quantity from whoever's going to do it for you as they might want extra for one reason or another.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Thanks guys, i'm aiming to get to the cruise so i can chat with you face to face although i won't be able to meet up until the afternoon.

Hi Lee, i'm leaving my current job and will no longer have access to a workshop so i'm of no use to you, i can tell you it'll probably be a 2-3 hours labour and whatever the material cost:- depending on whether the piping is leather or vinyl and how closely you want it matched.

as far as getting the job done, i can only recommend Jim's Trim - especially with motor trimming, you get what you pay for. That being said i've only dealt with a handful of shops, i'm sure there's other decent trimmers about.

Thanks for the reply mike. I suppose it would be preferable to keep leather as that is what is factory, but if there were a vinyl that looked the same and kept cost down it wouldnt bother me. I may get around to it one day, but don't fancy paying workshop prices to have it done. If you can ever source materials/tools for a cashie and want the job let me know.

Look forward to meeting you on the 15th.

Cheers
Lee

Top Bottom