minik1971 aka Nigel // Hobart - TAS

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Hi All

I am considering purchasing a Legnum and have a couple of questions.

1. Does the transmission lock up when in 2,3,4,5? I don't mean lock up as in not work, I mean does it lock the torque converter so as to be direct drive?

2. What are people really getting with fuel economy? Which fuel pulp or pulp+?

3. Are there any problems that people recommend me looking for in particular with these cars?

Hope to hear from someone soon.
Hopefully will join the ranks or legnum owner soon.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hi Nigel,

Torque converter I'm not sure of, maybe someone else can answer that for you. Both of your other questions can be easily answered with a little searching, or even reading through the Index and FAQ threads. There's a massive thread dedicated to fuel consumption, in fact.

Welcome to the site and I hope you find yourself behind the wheel of a VR4 soon :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The torque converter doesn't lock up in any gear at lower rpm's but locks by about 3000-3500rpm

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
Ok thanks for the information. I am going to test drive my potential Legnum tonight. Will let you all know my impressions after tonight.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
There'd better be a big grin on your face :)

Welcome by the way!

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
Hey I had great fun. The owner had just got the torque converter seal done but a wire mustn't have been connected properly as the speedo wasn't working. He is going to fix that though. It was great fun but being a totally different car to what I normally drivee (CC Lancer wagon) it was a bit hard to tell what speed I was doing. I did get 2 AYC lights on though! Going to look at it again tomorrow though in the day light. So far so good.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
Yes well I went and had another look during the day. Awesome found a few little marks but other than that nothing. Also went for another drive, took my brothers and they said it goes really well. I have to wait for finances to go through now. With any luck shouldn't be too long now. As long as the money comes through I'll be driving a VR4 soon. Will look like this always then :).

Top Bottom