NSW Mitch aka mitch

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
hi all,

this is my new addition, picked it up last thursday and absolutely loving it, such a good car, cant beleive how nice they are to drive compared to other imports ive owned

IMG_20150925_060646_zpsums8w3ca.jpg

its pretty stock except for bilstein suspension and a cat back, will be replacing the exhaust system soon as it looks like the muffler is starting to blow its guts out, and also want to have a crack at making my own cooler pipes to replace the standard ones. then move onto the dump pipes, will be a bit of a challenge but hoping they turn out ok once i get the time to do so.

I also need to get an under engine tray and side splash guards as mine doesn't have them, might even press them up myself out of some thin stainless or something if i cant find genuine ones for a decent price, anyone know of where i could get them?

looking forward to learning more about them and meeting fellow enthusiasts

cheers, Mitch

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Welcome to OzVR4

Nice pick up !

With dump pipes if your interested there is a member here "Trotty" which makes them also makes top cooler pipes if interested message him.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Hi Mitch, welcome.

I see u like to tinker with metal
Fab? What do u do for work? If u need any help or ideas I'm always happy to lend a hand. I'm located in Penrith.

Will be great to have another member to come to meets. We are getting quite good numbers in Sydney now.

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
Hi Mitch, welcome.

I see u like to tinker with metal
Fab? What do u do for work? If u need any help or ideas I'm always happy to lend a hand. I'm located in Penrith.

Will be great to have another member to come to meets. We are getting quite good numbers in Sydney now.

hi Trotty,

i work in the metal fab industry, been a draftsman for over 10 years and just completed my boilermaker apprenticeship at the start of this year, never really had the skills or a car to tinker on until now haha, we've got all the fun tools/machinery at my work to do almost anything so looking forward to using them for my car :) im also pretty handy with CAD and Inventor :)

definitely keen to come to some meets, although im a bit closer to newcastle than Penrith but will make the trip down if there is a meet on :)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
If you want to sell those wheels, please PM as soon as the thought crosses your mind.

Also, welcome! Someone will post my welcome template soon :)

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
hi Trotty,

i work in the metal fab industry, been a draftsman for over 10 years and just completed my boilermaker apprenticeship at the start of this year, never really had the skills or a car to tinker on until now haha, we've got all the fun tools/machinery at my work to do almost anything so looking forward to using them for my car :) im also pretty handy with CAD and Inventor :)

definitely keen to come to some meets, although im a bit closer to newcastle than Penrith but will make the trip down if there is a meet on :)

Handy with CAD u saaayy Hmmmm wanna help in the design of this headache of a tdo4 manifold. I'm just about to start the process again as I'm not happy with first set. :(.

Sooo many people waiting. Yes people I'm pulling my finger out.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome aboard, Mitch.

Here's the template Paulie was on about :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.13c

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info

Posting new threads is restricted by default. For full access you need to be a Premium Member ($15 a year):
- Upgrading your account

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
If you want to sell those wheels, please PM as soon as the thought crosses your mind.

Also, welcome! Someone will post my welcome template soon :)

haha ill keep you in mind, was thinking of getting something different down the track, just need the right wheel to catch my eye ;)

will be hard tho cause these ones suit the car so well as it is

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
Handy with CAD u saaayy Hmmmm wanna help in the design of this headache of a tdo4 manifold. I'm just about to start the process again as I'm not happy with first set. :(.

Sooo many people waiting. Yes people I'm pulling my finger out.

yeh i could give you a hand, just send me some dimensions etc, should be able to model something up for you

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
whats the go with the guides and write ups forum? i cant seem to access anything

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
so some of the lifters in my car are starting to get pretty noisy on start up lately, I'm in the process of getting the lash adjuster tool laser cut (hopefully my dimensions are right).

but in the meantime, is there something i can do to help quieten them down? not sure when ill get time to clean them (hoping this weekend)

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
No need to going to all the effort of getting one specifically laser cut. They sell them for $30 from memory.

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
cheers mate, although, id probly still get one laser cut myself as it will only cost 5-10 bucks, failing that ill cut a stainless one with the plasma at work :) takes about 10 minutes :)

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
Thickness is the critical size. As they are very tight to get Inbetween the lobe and the bearing cap

mitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
mitch
Drive
96 Legnum
Thickness is the critical size. As they are very tight to get Inbetween the lobe and the bearing cap

1.6mm is the thickness as far as im aware, i know we've got some stainless that size lying around here

VR4legnum98

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Horacio
Drive
VR4 legnum
Hi there Mitch ... welcome to the Legnum squad, great bunch of guys and girls that love these cars with a passion.
always willing to share info, lend a hand and every now and then catch up at a meet ....
your car could pass as my twin .... hahahahaha .

Welcome once again and looking forward to meeting you some time .

so far I have had the pleasure of meeting Trotty ( Daniel )
Lindsay ,Jason and Steve (TME) all great guys .....

Top Bottom