MMCS screen failure

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
My facelift MMCS screen has sudden died. Its got no picture just a black screen, the touch screen still works but you can't see anything that you are touching. What would cause this to suddenly happen??

G

Unregistered
Could it be the backlight for the LCD panel? Have a really, good close look and try and see anything at all on the screen.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Does the screen go blank when the vehicle is in gear?

I'm a total MMCS noob and was wondering if there was a switch to kill the screen that had perhaps failed?

G

Unregistered
No, only in TV mode does it blank over a certain speed. But even then there is still a display, just no video.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Try unplugging the big steel box in the back then plugging it back in or see if the plug has come loose.

MMCS.JPG

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Just checked it and there is no light at all totally dead black
*edit* missed the above post i'll go check that
Still dead i'll unplug everything in the rear box in the morning and see where that gets me

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you google for lcd backlight dead or whatever you'll find lots and lots of results from laptop owners that will show you what the problem is.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Thanks for your help looks like fun time ahead for me then

G

Unregistered
Don't forget to take photos and post up a guide afterwards

G

Unregistered
I know this is kinda out of topic, but does ANYONE have the MMCS english translation CD that i can borrow?
Any help would be much appreciated!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Took apart the screen today and found the back light but as yet have not found anywhere that sells a replacement in the right size and shape. So happily the replacement screen has arrived and been installed. I now have a full screen system in pieces in a box

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Took apart the screen today and found the back light but as yet have not found anywhere that sells a replacement in the right size and shape. So happily the replacement screen has arrived and been installed. I now have a full screen system in pieces in a box

Its an old threah but could you please tell me where to get the replacement lcd? is it brand new?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
I didn't get a 'new' replacement i bought a 2nd hand one off yahoo japan

Top Bottom