MMCS error on screen

Precedence

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 Silver Legnum VR4
Hi Guys,

After getting my car back today from the automatics workshop i had an error on the mmcs screen which i have never seen before.

I tried taking out the mmcs cd and putting it back in whilst the car was running and this doesn't seem to have had any effect as the error is still coming up..

Anyone read japanese and know what this means?

ddURo.jpg

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
i can read CD lol. sorry dude. why dont u get one of the guys with the english cd and put it in there

Precedence

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 Silver Legnum VR4
i don't know anyone down my way with one unfortunately.

ok, turns out from a little net investigation that it's not reading the cd correctly. anyone know how to reset to make it install the cd again?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Have you tried ejecting it and putting it back in again? I'm sure there is a couple of guys down there with the English CD

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
take the cd out. Turn the key to off. disconnect the cd drive. Ignition back on and then off again. plug it in. power back on. Insert the cd and then ignition back off and on again.... Should work.

G

Unregistered
It's just a warning that some parts of the MMCS might not work properly because the special CD couldn't be found, and could you put it in.

If you hold down the top button on each left-side rocker switches together while turning the power on the MMCS will go into a diagnostic mode where you can check the status of the modules amongst other things. It's all in Japanese but you should be able to find you way around, and you can't really do any damage so just have a fiddle.

That, and what the others said above.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
"If you hold down the top button on each left-side rocker switches together"

I don't get it :/ Could you please specify which button to press by reference to it's function? Thanks!

G

Unregistered
Hold down 'Current Location' & 'Zoom Out' together while powering up.

Precedence

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 Silver Legnum VR4
Ok, i have tried everything above.

there is a cd currently in there which i beleive is one of the originals as it says some kind of map thing on the front.

tried unplugging and replugging with the cd & i tried to get it to diagnostics but it's just the same thing each time.

Also, thinking the cd may have died i downloaded a new copy & have tried using that. still the same issue.

Do you think taking the battery out and leaving it without power for a while could help?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
maybe a dead player.... Same error as having mine not plugged in....

Precedence

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 Silver Legnum VR4
damn it :(

oh well, i am gonna try and leave the battery off for an hour or so and see if that helps at all.

if not i guess it's time to go the aftermarket route :(

G

Unregistered
I'd clean the player's lens and then try replacing the CD with another copy first.

Rip your CD as an ISO image on the computer, then burn to a CD-R as an ISO. See if you get any errors in that process.

I run a CD-R copy on mine no worries, the original disk is put away for safe keeping.

G

Unregistered
LOL i just got the same error today!
maybe its a universal MMCS error thing thats going to happen to every MMCS very sooon....

Precedence

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 Silver Legnum VR4
well, it was screwing up the last few days.

tonight, turned on the car... new message on screen... suddenly reboot and it's back fine again.

It can heal itself!!!! /shock!

thanks for all the help!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I think i've had that screen come up on mine 4-5 time in 2.5 years. I just mash buttons till it goes away and yes sometimes it does just heal itself

Top Bottom