ModYourCar experience

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
I have a pretty crap story for you all. So feel free to navigate away if you are not extremely bored like i am at the moment.

On the 24/11/2009 i purcahsed a Saber Boost Gauge from ModYourCar.
I was advsied at teh time that it was in stock. I soon however found out it was no longer in stock despite what i was told previously. I had a choice of either picking another gauge or waiting. As i was in no rush i waited.

So here we are now 121 days later (not including th day i ordered it) and still no boost gauge.

The last email i had from ModYourCar was on 05/02/2010, it read:
Hey!

I apologise for the delay on these boost gauges and Fernando from SABER also passes on his apologies.

I have spoken with SABER today to come to a resolution and basically I will be fronting up some money to get a container of gear in so we can satisfy your order.

The container will leave next week and will take 3-4 weeks to land. Once they do we will be sending your order out to you.

Again I apologise for the unexpected and very long delay (not the norm) but these things do happen. Rest assure the gauges will be in and we will get your order out to you as quick as we can.

So that’s good news!

If you have any questions please reply to this email or call me on 1800 663 968.

So i just sent this email to them.

Hi Dan,

I wanted to express my concern with my purchase. It has been 4 months now and i am yet to recieve the Boost Gauge.
I understand that this may be out of your control however as this is the first time i have used ModYourCar, it is not leaving a great first impression.

Can i have an update of the status of my order?

Regards
Tristian

Will post the reply.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
Honestly, i really dont care enough to push futher it took me this long just to email. It just a boost gauge. Im just seeing what they will do if anything

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ask for another gauge as compo for your time, otherwise say that you will send them an invoice for the your time spent waiting. if they do not comply, they can hear from your lawyer

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
What's the next gauge i would want?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Even another boost gauge to sell :p ...

Sucks to hear about your experience Tristian. My mate bought some nismo seat covers from them; apart from the 3 week shipping wait, they only sent 1 instead of the pair. He called them asking why he only received one and they tried to tell him it was $99 each. Needless to say in the end he said he would take them to the ACCC as the picture on the website shows two and no where does it say only one. Promptly he received the other in the mail.

In the end I guess you could say from what I have heard, they are dodgy... this just furthers it.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
HAHA Brett you want a boost gauge :D

Yeah, i had heard some good thing about them and thats why i ordered from them.

Im just trying to think of what i can say next to get something for fweeeeeee :p

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Seriously they should send you the gauge and also give you a full refund!

bj82

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brad
Drive
99 SII Legnum VR4
I didn't really rate that site to begin with.

I say boost gauge plus refund for sure.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
Anyone with with some awesome linguistic abilities care to write someting up? :)

Im all for the guage and full refund.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
That reminds me, I should probably get off my arse and demand my money back for my nonexistent JPNZ manual!

/offtopic

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I am half asleep... but here's something to get you started.... (run spell check as my brain is switched off :p )

To whom it may concern,

It is with great displeasure that I bring this urgent matter to your attention. Sum 121 days ago, I placed an order on your website for a boost gauge for the total price of AUD$87.50. The shipping delay and general lack of communication has been disconcerting to say the least; but furthermore the fact that here I am 121 days later still waiting for my purchased product is extremely unprofessional.

There was no mention of shipping issues or even a stock delay; for the sake of customer service a simple email or phone call would have been appreciated.

I believe that I have been more then patient considering you have already taken full payment for the said product. Unfortunately, my patience has run out.

Taking into consideration all of the above mentioned points from customer service to lack of communication or even the fact that I do not have the product I have paid for; I find it only reasonable that I be compensated for my time and inconvinience caused due to your companies unprofessional trading manner.

I believe that I am entitled to a full refund and to be gifted the product that I purchased originally from your site.

Failure of compliance to this email within the period of 14 working days from the date this email is sent, will result in myself lodging a formal complaint against your company with the ACCC.

I appreciate your time and encourage nothing less then a quick resolution in this matter.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Knobs. Cannot believe they have let it go this far without offering a refund. There is no way this gauge exists. It also sounds like these people are unprofessional and may have a cashflow issue.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
Thanks Brett heaps mate!!!

Trevor - I've never thought of it that way. Could something dodgy be going on? hmmmm

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Nice one Brett but a few things I would suggest:
A, I would say " failure to reply " rather than " failure of compliance"
B, the appropriate department for complaints is the department of fair trading.
C, The part where you say " I appreciate your time " is not the truth. You don't appreciate their time as they obviousley don't appreciate yours.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Nice one Brett but a few things I would suggest:
A, I would say " failure to reply " rather than " failure of compliance"
B, the appropriate department for complaints is the department of fair trading.
C, The part where you say " I appreciate your time " is not the truth. You don't appreciate their time as they obviousley don't appreciate yours.

Cheers Trev, as said... I'm over tired. Usually I would proof read it and would have worded it a little better.

G

Unregistered
Cut it down to about a third of that, they seem like lazy buggers and probably won't be arsed reading it all. Just get to the point quickly.

Top Bottom