aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
Hi all

I'm after a Momo steering wheel, preferably in all black.

If interested I can provide my wheel as part payment. I have an all black leather Nardi wheel in very good condition from a S2 Legnum. The item will need to be located in Sydney, unless you can get it to me via method other than shipping, as I believe the airbags can't be shipped.

Cheers

G

Unregistered
airbags can be shipped. I got a evo7 wheel shipped

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
Thanks for your reply Gav. The guy that I spoke to at Mits-Fix that has one for sale said they won't ship because it is basically an explosive. If other sites or individuals will ship, I will happily deal with them.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
You can ship it but not by air.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
I'm up for one too. ideally brand new

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
Sorry, not wanting to turn this into a debate about shipping, however probably good info for others in the same boat. Most courier companies will not (knowingly) ship an airbag, regardless of whether it is via air or road. You could package and label it generically as "car parts" or something else, which is presumably how others have had their items shipped to them, although this will be illegal. If the courier company does ship them, they class airbags as a dangerous good so will charge a lot more for it eg Melb CBD to Sydney CBD standard shipping for a steering wheel sized item $60, the same item with an airbag is $150.

I can verify this as fact, as I called a number of places this morning to see if I can get the item I found on eBay shipped to me and decided in the end it wasn't worth it.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Boxed via road freight through the likes of Ego shouldn't expect to many issues and would be cheaper I'd have thought..

G

Unregistered
there is one on gumtree atm in sydney they want $350 for it

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Few also on yahoo auctions for evo 5/6 (CP9A) ...

G

Unregistered
I just got a evo7 sterring wheel shipped from vic to nsw and the postage was around $30

was sent via couriers please. so it is possible and not that dear

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
I just got a evo7 sterring wheel shipped from vic to nsw and the postage was around $30

was sent via couriers please. so it is possible and not that dear
Thanks. I will give these guys a call. The 3-4 I called said they wouldn't ship or would charge extra.

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
So anyone know where I can buy a momo steering wheel from? Or anyone on this forum willing to part with theirs? Happy to give my black leather Nardi as well as up to $250 cash

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Got one that needs a retrim. Can sell as is or sort retrim out for you.

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. What are you looking to get for it?

Top Bottom