Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Hey guys, been lurking around for a while while I finalised purchase for my

Mitsu Legnum VR4 Type- S
42,000 km's (With books, am sure it's genuine)
Metallic Purple greyish

Picking it up in a few days from an old fella who imported at 38,000km, only did 4000km. It's in beaut condition and one of the cleanest i've seen.
Paying 14k, seem fair? Cannot wait, had a test drive today and it made my Magna feel like I was driving a bumper car. Seeya's around

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
hell yer,who'd complain with a car with such low klms at such a low price

great score

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Congrats Luke and welcome to the forum. Be sure to take pics and post them up with any further details.
cheers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Welcome to the site, Luke - look forward to seeing some pics as it sounds pretty fantastic!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
My Pictures that I took will be coming, i have been a bit lazy :p But here's where i first seen the car. Looks blue but im sure it was Mauve in person, but my mate was positive it was more grey but whatever. Also, the car was made Dec 97 I think so pre facelift am I right?

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/MITSUBISHI/LEGNUM/details.aspx?Cr=9&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&PriceMax=15000&distance=500&silo=1003&seot=0&postcode=2486&__Nne=20&Model=LEGNUM&R=5238821&__N=4294964597+834+285+257+410+4294957255&__Nf=p_GeoLocation_String%7CGCLT+-28.21281,153.4682+507.0&Make=MITSUBISHI&__sid=11B37A6F15D3&trecs=12

Will be picking car up early next week, just making positive I have Comprehensive Insurance sorted. Im 19 (20 in a week) and will have my full license in 2 weeks (so i thought...) but as you fellas can imagine it's been pretty difficult to get insurance for the VR4. Just Cars will cover me for $1930 but the broker I arranged through my parents seems to think he will be able to get a lot lower.
Anyway gunna get a vehicle inspection just to make sure I have a genuine buy, no hidden problems. Oh and it's got a full exhaust system (Very quiet), upgraded front discs and it's lowered like 2 inches approx. Suits me fine :)
And cheers for the warm welcome fellas.

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Heya Luke, grats on the buy man :)
I'm 20years old, im with Justcars and have full comp insurance, paying 1279. Thats with my excess increased to 2200.. But if i have an accident where I am at fault, i figured i deserve to pay that much!
Where abouts in NSW are you?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Right in the Suburbs, Banora Point NSW. Half hour down from Gold Coast. Im positive it's gotta be a very low risk area. Hopefully I can get it cheaper through another company. I have been thinking seriously about putting it in Mum's name as a 2nd driver but i'd prefer not to if I can get a good quote myself. I guess i could always just increase me claim excess.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Picked the car up and she seems to be goin OK except for a shudder I missed while Test driving the car...:banghead: Seems to occur under light acceleration at i think 5th gear. So do you guys think this may be fixed by a Auto trans flush? I was told by the mechanic who did the RACQ check that the fluid needed changing because it had changed color, but he didn't mention any shudder. Grrr. Anyways, I should be using the Mitsu Diamond Queen SPIII fluid right?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Or Amsoil ATF SPIII. I recommend the Amsoil as it's better.

You should also do a full service of, well, pretty much everything, but do a lube change on the AYC diff ASAP too.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah Amsoil seems to be really popular with most VR4 drivers, but how much does the stuff cost?
Think the shuddering will be fixed by the flush? I really do not want to have to track down a reco box

And the AYC is next up, as well as a wheel balance and alignment. Im getting everything else serviced with the auto trans.
Oh and sorry for my random thread title, I saw the Intro thread sticky right after I posted thread

EDIT: And the speaker grilles need tightening I think, more rattle than music.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The shuddering is a common problem with cars that have the wrong oil such as Dexron III. Get Amsoil as it is synthetic and will last a lot longer than normal Mitsi SPIII

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Thanks for clearing that up mate. I'll have to have a look around then and see if I can get me some Amsoil.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah I'll have to stop being lazy and post some pics up, she needs a wash first though. Been having a lot of fun through the twisties so the cars pretty filthy. I'll have some piccies soon though.

Top Bottom