Mr Legnums Latest Control Arm Failure

G

Unregistered
Didn't work on the car today but I went in for a bit of work and maintenance on myself...Shoulder reco #4, 2 left and 2 right now, left is booked in for a 3rd and final hack in 3 months, and hopefully I never see another OR after that, and you guys thought VR4 Arms and Ball joints were a pain to maintain hahaha
uva2a2am.jpg

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
You know, i seen the picture before i read what you wrote and thought, the control arm on your car failed and maybe had a accident, lucky that wasn't the case :)
Hope it went well, and hopefully the other side go's smoothly in 3 months time.

What happen ? sport injury ? or ?

G

Unregistered
Nah just me being cheeky mate :) went well the surgeon says.
Its a work injury. I'm a grunt (infantryman) in the army, not the kindest job on your body.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
I had the same thought as Fred. Was like " oh NO!!!" then realised you went for a surgery.
OH&S need to get looked at again.:p
Wish you a speedy recovery Mitch.

G

Unregistered
Thanks guys, coming along slowly, had a scary moment when I first woke up in recovery.The nerve block in my arm that was supposed to act as my anaesthetic done a great job of completely paralysing my arm as it was supposed to, unfortunately it didn't block my pain receptors, so I woke up to the lovely feeling of 3 burning arthroscopic ports through my flesh and half a dozen freshly drilled holes in my Shoulder bone socket with anchors banged into them.
I was definitely less than impressed and after screaming the house down and almost kicking the end off my hospital bed, they managed to calm me down with another nerve block jabbed in the side of my neck and all was well for another 12 hrs :p

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Ergh I feel I have a very similar diagnosis headed my way, not looking forward to it (let alone 4 times)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
The only shoulder movement that is pain free is your typical walking arm swing, otherwise can't get it anywhere close to the horizontal if going out to the side...

Makes it a bitch to sleep and put t-shirts on currently, maybe I should have chosen a sport other than tenpin bowling growing up hah

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
How's your recovery been each time?

Hope this time works out well!

G

Unregistered
First thing you need to do is get an MRI of the shoulder, no other scan can show you what you need to know.
If it isn't clunking out of the joint or popping/snapping etc, then it may well just be tendinitis of the biceps tendon, inflammation in the shoulder capsule or rotator cuff, or a couple of other minor ailments.
Recovery has been a very rocky road for me obviously, typically it will take someone 12-14 months to fully recover if they don't re-injure themselves. I only re-injured because of the intensity and speed of my rehab and the intensity of work once I returned to full duties.

To put it in perspective, I had operations in August (left) December (Right) and May (left), 12 months after my 3rd operation I was completing infantry employment tests (15km route march carrying 50-55kg, 1km fighting order run in 8 minutes at 22kg - 23kg, 72m fire and movement with 18m leopard crawl, 35kg box lift and place and a 10m 80kg casualty drag) I completed 3 in 2 weeks, went straight out field and completed a two week exercise that started with a 28km route march with around 35kgs.

That is an example of how well you can recover in a year :) just don't push it too hard after recovering.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
Damn dude, cheers for the insight!

G

Unregistered
Not a problem mate, best advice is that if you suspect something is up, get it checked out!

Top Bottom