NSW My First Super Leggy... EDIT: Update with more pics!

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4
I Recently bought this baby, 1997 Legnum Super vr-4 Manual conversion. 180,XXX

I was looking for a 4wd 4 door turbo car and I came across this... and couldnt pass it up
Interior and exterior was pretty tidy, with a few obvious aftermarket bits.

3" exhaust, BC coilovers, Exedy Clutch, KN cold air intake, FMIC, roof wrapped in carbon fire.

Seems to have either a boost leak or a winding noise 4500-5500 rpm and runs out of breath my 5000, maybe its because im still yet to perfectly figure out this greddy profec b spec 2 controller. anyone got any settings for around 10-11psi. other than that the handling is amazing and the car is super solid.

I'm looking to change the torque curve with a tune and maybe get a bit more top end. any tips, advice, places to go in QLD would be awesome, i live in byron bay so im thinking NA autosports

Ill upload more pictures later in they day, keen to be part of this forum!

NKiIq7o.jpg

jRayyrH.jpg

UOilwP0.jpg

KHrUQWG.jpg

Attachments

• 18892967_10155307645958419_128069580594384651_n.jpg
    18892967_10155307645958419_128069580594384651_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 15

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Only tune worth getting is @TME_Steve next time he comes to QLD. Tunes are usualy done on the gold coast 1 day a year :p

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4
hahah thanks for the heads up... i think im a little too impatient for that and i dont wanna head down to NSW just yet...

another other options ?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome aboard, Cameron :)

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
hahah thanks for the heads up... i think im a little too impatient for that and i dont wanna head down to NSW just yet...

another other options ?
There's no one else that has the software nor the interest in our cars or knows these things like Steve.
Does the car still have the oem front pipes? I'd replace them before getting a tune.
Sell the greddy profec, and put the $towards a tune, you don't need it. Our cars come with factory boost control all controlled by the ECU.
I'd replace your spark plugs too, almost bet they've never been changed. You can afford to go a step colder to 7's as well.

Which ECU do you have? You can flash the 7201 which your car probably has but it's very slow to do. Get a 7202 black plastic item. Usually go for around $150, only takes a few seconds

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4
Wow thanks for the info and welcome guys! Been so busy but ill update the thread soon.. may be worth the trio down to sydney after all..

Jungle is the 7202 ecu a direct swap?

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Which ECU do you have? You can flash the 7201 which your car probably has but it's very slow to do. Get a 7202 black plastic item.

No guarantee he has a metal ECU, mine is 1997 and has plastic.
You can check by removing the little kick panel beside the clutch pedal, there should be 1 or 2 ecu's in there, if they are plastic cases then you are probably all sweet.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Also, got any photos of the engine bay? What kind of cold air intake setup does it have?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Wow thanks for the info and welcome guys! Been so busy but ill update the thread soon.. may be worth the trio down to sydney after all..

Jungle is the 7202 ecu a direct swap?
Yes the ECU is a direct swap. The metal one is the 7201 i was referring to.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
the paint looks like its in excellent condition. If by cold air intake you mean, a pod then invest in finding the factory airbag and intake. Pods don't work well with out air flow meters, and screw up the fueling. If you mean a panel filter in the stock airbag, then great, cause that's all you need.

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4
thanks for the warm welcome, ive added pics, getting some new michelin pilot cup 4's

Heres a picture of the intake, i think its worth going the pod filter by RPW which as you guys said is supposedly better with our MAF's

mqzBd6m.jpg

UmWSRkW.jpg

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
thanks for the warm welcome, ive added pics, getting some new michelin pilot cup 4's

Heres a picture of the intake, i think its worth going the pod filter by RPW which as you guys said is supposedly better with our MAF's

You would be better putting a stock air box back in and putting in a k&n air filter.dont run a pod filter.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
You would be better putting a stock air box back in and putting in a k&n air filter.dont run a pod filter.
That's what I said 2 posts above (y)Oh well Steve will tell him to change it:whistle:

Swifty Devil

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
C ameron Humphreys
Drive
1997 Legnum Super VR-4

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Haha i am just trying to scout options namely track down a stock airbox... i really dont want the pod anymore but wheb i said "pod filter" i meant this. Apparently designed for our maf? Maybe someone could shed some light or point me in the way if a stock airbox ;)

http://www.shop.rpw.com.au/online-s.../air-filter-rampod-mitsubishi-maf-detail.html
I hadn't seen that product before, but that said, the only thing that company ever produced for our cars that is good ( after modifying the O2 position after OZVR4 members found issue with it) was the front pipes. The rest of their products are usually way over priced.

Stock airboxes come up, plenty of wrecks around!

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Stock air boxes are best.
But looking at your engine bay, if you put a stock box back in the top inter cooler pipe might be in the way and maybe in modifying. I could be wrong but to my eyes it doesn't look like enough space to put standard box back in ?

Top Bottom