My latest Suzuki Alto - 660cc 4wd turbo

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I brought this home a couple of weeks ago after spending a fair bit of time and money on it getting it running. It hadnt been started for 2 years so it took a bit of work to get it running.

Once we got it running though, runs quite nice! The sound of the pod filter is amazing! Has electric windows, air con, power steering - all the luxury items!

My plan was to get it registered, and then either sell this one or my white one - but after some initial enquiries it looks like I wont be able to get it re-complied (given that its a 91 model, and there are no RAWS that offer compliance on this type of car). I am pretty certain it wasnt a personal import, as it doesnt have a yellow plate.

It has previously been registered in SA, but after being defected it hasnt been registered since (2 years ago). I am thinking I might make some enquiries with Transport SA, and see what info I can find out about the car.

Anyway, heres some photos:

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

And yes I still own my other Alto - thats still sitting in the shed awaiting a gearbox transplant. This is it here: http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Your obsession with these little cars is amusing Simon ;)
- Sidetrack - you coming to the cruise on Sunday?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha looks like itd be a little go kart :p

that you can pack in to your legnum and take to an actual go kart track hehe

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
HELL YES! Awesome.

Slam it on 13" Superlights with bolt on flares and you have one of my dream cars.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
It makes the legnum look huge

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
both will be for sale soon Gav!
I just got engaged, and were looking at buying a house soon, so the fiance has told me its all gotta go! (not the legnum, she wont let me sell that!).

Lee, wont be at the cruise sunday. Still just dont have time for anything, or the funds to go driving.

The black Alto would make a perfect track car - it cant be registered, but being 4WD makes it very useful on the track. It will be for sale for around $2500.
The FWD white alto is getting a new gearbox in the coming weeks and will be back on the road very soon. Looking for offers above $4500.

I will post official for sale threads when they are both ready for sale.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Someone buy it and convert it to RWD. There would not be a more fun (or funny) drift car in Australia!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
thats actually been done before! apparantly its not that hard.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah there are some great pics of Subaru Rexes (no, not WRXs) drifting at last year's "Tokyo Drift" D1 round. Looks like huge fun!

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Just found this thread. I'm in love Gilly!! If only the business wasn't struggling I'd buy the RSR in a flash. So you say it has been previously registered? Surely it could be re registered and not required any sort of sev's compliance. Be a great little runaround car for my business.:bigsmile:

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Damn it if you could register the black one that'd be so fun I'd be tempted haha

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
the black one has been registered before, but possibly not as a suzuki alto. I think it was registered as a swift, so may not have even had compliance done on it. So looks like stictly a track car.

Top Bottom