My Legnum's been written off!

NOXQSZ

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pauly
Drive
Hopes n dreams
:cry:

So about a month ago, the right ball joint failed on my Legnum causing the car to drop onto the rim and damage the front bar, side panel, side skirt and door (As well as inner guard etc).

I took it to my mechanic and luckily (??) the ball joint was only fabricated about two months prior to it failing. The fabricators liability insurance is covering the damage and the assessor has told me they are going to scrap the vehicle. Now I truly did fall in love with this thing, and I'm thinking of getting another. My question is, what's the demand like for parts? I'll be making a decision over the weekend whether to keep the car and strip it. It's going to be cheap enough to keep and I figure if I can help some guys out here in the process and make some $ back to put towards the next weapon, it's win win. It's got a few goodies like front mount, Tiens, wheels, carbon dash surround, mmcs etc so I'm thinking that's about $2k just there right? :sad:

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Bad news mate, lucky you were covered by their insurance though. Under what circumstances was the ball joint repaired/replaced prior?

Best to sign up as a 'member' here if you want to put up a for sale thread.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Sorry to hear that your car's been wrecked :(

There are a couple of cars being parted out on the forum at the moment, so if you search and read those threads, you'll get an idea of the kind of interest you can expect.

If you decide to part your car out, you'll need to become a paying member ($10/year) so you can post a FS thread (remember to read the Classifieds rules before posting).

Good luck!

G

Unregistered
If you have thebtine to part it you will get rid of a lot of it.
I have been chasing parts all over since someone damaged my legnum

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

NOXQSZ

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pauly
Drive
Hopes n dreams
Thanks for the replies guys, will check it out.

It was just in need of replacement and my mechanic couldn't source one. So he contracted a fabricator to make one. Not too sure tbh. I will put some pics up early next week.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
It was just in need of replacement and my mechanic couldn't source one. So he contracted a fabricator to make one. Not too sure tbh. I will put some pics up early next week.

Oh shit... those lower ball joints are not something you muck about with. There is a thread about them on here, with evidence that genuine Mitsubishi items are the ONLY safe way to go with these, as well as where to source them from (we have a trader right here on this forum who can get them for you).

G

Unregistered
Yep, those lower ball joints are a known failure point and Mitsubishi issued a recall over them. Anyone making custom ones better have some damn good liability insurance as the potential consequences could easily be fatal. If it's any consolation, you have been very lucky to only damage the car and not injure yourself or anyone else. If you speak to the mechanic/fabricator again please pass on this information as it may save someones life in the future.

NOXQSZ

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pauly
Drive
Hopes n dreams
No definitely consider myself lucky. I just finished washing the car around the corner from my parents place. I literally pulled into their street and without 10m (luckily) the car dropped. It was about 8pm so no one around. It could have been alot worse. After the car wash there's a few twisties and a long straight I usually get a bit heavy footed on but for some reason took it easy.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Glad to hear u aren't hurt. Cars can be replaced. U will get ur money back if ya part it

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Close call!!!. Glad you are alright man.
Salvage or not depends on how much the insurance company want for it,skill, time and space to part out the car. I've tried it once with my old car. Took some time to part and sell. Didn't really make money but you have lots of goodies,or if you're going to get another galant/legnum again,it might be worth it.

NOXQSZ

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pauly
Drive
Hopes n dreams
Thanks for the comments guys, just upgraded my membership. Car arrives in my driveway in a couple hours. Putting up a post in the parts section shortly.

Top Bottom