First Name
Dene
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum vr4
1991 Toyota Cressida grande
IMG_4195.JPG
IMG_4194.JPG
IMG_4165.JPG
Hey guys, purchased my first legnum a bit over a week ago. Absolutely in love with it. It came fitted with some goodies but there is a few noises in the front end suspension/ driveline.

Bc coilovers
Hdi intercooler
Manual boost tee (which seems to never keep it at the same boost)
Genuine r34 gtr wheels
3" cat back exhaust
Aftermarket alarm
Boost gauge

For the moment the plan is to redo all intercooler piping, remake the exhaust with stainless, relocate battery to the boot, make up a decent intake and air box and possibly swap out the td03's as the front turbo has a broken snout

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Nice looking car! Fuel economy bad? How bad are we talking about?

Dene William McKenna

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dene
Drive
My Cressida project, the idea behind it is street registered drift car. Too many people dropping jz's and v8's into them, so I thought I'd be a bit different. I love turbo 6's and thought I'd stick with it. Currently dropping a bf typhoon 4.0l turbo into her with a t56. A few mods here and there and gonna aim for 400rwkw for street/drift tune and a bit more for drags if it gets grip.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
First tank only seen 320km. 90% highway driving.
Mine does 11-12 l per 100 mixed and high 8's on the highway. Because the turbos are so tiny they are always feeding positive pressure into the engine hence the poor fuel economy.

Dene William McKenna

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dene
Drive
Is there any bolt on larger turbos for these. My front turbo has a big chunk taken out of the snout where the hard pipe bolts on

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
mine averages around 12L per 100. im getting around 400-450 per tank when the light comes on. but that is a galant not a legnum

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Welcome to the forum Dene.

Unclepaulie's infamous welcome template, version 15.7w

Stuff you need to know:
- Forum rules

Stuff that could save your life:
Do not buy aftermarket suspension parts, especially Lower Control Arms (LCAs)

- This is what happens if you don't replace your control arms
- Recall check using your chassis number

Useful threads:
- INDEX - Look here FIRST
- Guide to Galant & Legnum common problems
- The most important thread on the forum. MUST READ
- Oils and Fluids
- Staged Upgrades
- Legnum/Galant Production Info
- Posting photos, especially in the Classifieds

Posting new threads is restricted by default, for full access become a Premium Member:
- Upgrade to Premium Membership benefits

Please read before selling anything on this site:
- Rules for posting in the classifieds

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
mine averages around 12L per 100. im getting around 400-450 per tank when the light comes on. but that is a galant not a legnum
No mate, nothing bolt on. Everything needs some modification.
Have a look in the threads, a few of us have have hi-flows, handful fitted TD04's but largely turbo side unmodified.
See @TME_Steve for all your tuning/mod requirements.
You'll find front pipes, cat back and cooler with a tune will net 180-200kW if manual 160-180 if auto. Steve also offers a flex option which is just brilliant, which works seemlessly all via reflashing the ECU.

I've got some hi flows that'll be tuned towards end of a January.

Welcome, Steve tune will also greatly improve your economy, too. I'd also replace the O2,sensor- they rarely make it past 80thou

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
My Cressida project, the idea behind it is street registered drift car. Too many people dropping jz's and v8's into them, so I thought I'd be a bit different. I love turbo 6's and thought I'd stick with it. Currently dropping a bf typhoon 4.0l turbo into her with a t56. A few mods here and there and gonna aim for 400rwkw for street/drift tune and a bit more for drags if it gets grip.

Barra mx83 is my dream. Please make a thread about it

Dene William McKenna

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dene
Drive
IMG_5473.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
Will do man, it's a slow process though.
Barra mx83 is my dream. Please make a thread about it
Finally got my dummy motor dropped in to the Cressida. Almost bolted straight up to the factory mounts. Plenty of room for the turbo and 4" pipes back. But it's gonna have to wait a while, the legnums rear driveshafts are binding up and can't find anywhere to rebuild them

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Awesome! Look like a good fit. Much radiator clearance? What box you going to use? T56?

Re: Legnum shafts: cant remove them and post them somewhere?

Dene William McKenna

Idling at the Lights
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dene
Drive
Awesome! Look like a good fit. Much radiator clearance? What box you going to use? T56?

Re: Legnum shafts: cant remove them and post them somewhere?
Trying my luck with a tr6060 first, it's gonna be a tight squeeze even with a lot of swings with a sledgehammer. If no luck I'll try the t56 and get a sequential shifter for it. Falcon radiator drops in but the fans are going to be on the front.

I could remove them but wouldn't know where to post them

Top Bottom