my rims don't match!!

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
after having the car over the first week end. polishing washing polishing, came across that my wheels are slightly different. i think the rear rims must be wider. same tyres but side wall is not as vertical on the rear. so if i change tyres when the time comes and go wider on the rear does the extra traction stop the wheels slipping less and disrupt the AYC or diff or any thing?

G

Unregistered
i think brad or gly posted up the other day on this topic, i think if its only a small difference it wont disrupt anything..
but search is a good friend round here..lol (i have wanted to say that for a while now.lol)

G

Unregistered
mixing tyre sizes is bad, even with matching rolling diameters IMO.
id stick with the same sized tyres all round.

i wouldn't want to be paying for a transfer case or rear diff/ayc rebuild just because i wanted the car to look cool...

keep staggered sized wheels where they should be... on rear wheel drives.

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
it is quite hard to notice, just curios. just wanted to know before the tyre monkey tried to sell me extra tyres!:ROFLMAO:

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Find out the tyre sizes - Even if your rims are staggered, but the tyres are the same (ie. 225/45/17) front and rear you SHOULD be ok for now. But even wheel sizes all round does suit AWD better.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
when i bought my car.. it had different tyres but the rims were all the same.. 205/55r16 for the fronts and 225/50r16 for the rears.. it worked for about 2 months til i started getting issues with the AYC.. so I changed the whole lot and issue never did came back..

in your case your rears are stretched so the overall diameter of your tyres may have changed.. maybe just a bit but that small bit can and will give you headache in the future.. so I strongly suggest you replace them ASAP..

Top Bottom