Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I was under the car today initially planning to replace the transfer case oil when I noticed an oil leak. Can anyone tell me what the circled bits are? For reference this is on the drivers side near the rear down pipe. Also wondering what part the second photo shows which is close by.

Attachments

• car (2).jpg
    car (2).jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20140727_140506 (2).jpg
    20140727_140506 (2).jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 79

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
First is high pressure power steer line. The other leaks are probably rocker covers leaking down the motor. Could even be a leaky cv outlet seal

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Thanks. The lower oil build up is most pronounced on the circled bolt. Not much oil residue higher up. I'll just take it to the mechanic :/

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Really best to fully clean and degrease the area and look for the source.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Bottom bolt just holds the rack to the car. I call rear rocker cover and/or power steering hose

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
My PS line is leaking from the same point. I've been meaning to get around to it but its such a bitch to get to :(

The bottom of my car looks that oily and its all from the PS line. Other than that I have no other leaks.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I had a look for oil around the rear valve cover but didn't see anything obvious from the sides. I figured it was hard to see much with the plenum on? I'm hoping to get it on a host Wednesday. PS reservoir isn't low but neither is the oil dipstick.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
It was the power steering leaking down from the crimp connector. Much easier with a hoist. Getting a new line and connector made.

Top Bottom