New Defect Law..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I dont think just having a smokey engine is enough to fall under this law, most of the Cat1 points actually fall under a subheading.

"Wilfully starting or driving a motor vehicle in a way that makes unnecessary noise or smoke" DURING "a speed trial, a race between
vehicles or a burn out"

Ah you see, that's what I get for reading some marketing hype PDF that the govt release to show the community how wonderful they are being. If it's only during racing etc then it's probably no worse than here.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
The only part of the new laws I strongly disagree with is about 'illegal modifications'

It was bad enough getting fined if your car was 1cm too low, has an exhaust that's 2db too loud or had the jap version of better brake lines that were missing a little yellow tag, but to lose your car for improvements over factory is just plain retarded.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
To me it seems that the only thing thats changed is that the powers that be have printed up a brochure and caused a lot of angst amongst car people. The idiot that we have for a Premier in QLD at the moment wont be there for long, one of the more nasty of the Bikies will see to that or the voters of QLD will come to their senses next election.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
so.... its been 9 days since its started..

anyone got done?

Top Bottom