New from Newcastle // Shannon

G

Unregistered
Hi there thought i shpuld introduce myself. I'm Shannon. I live in Newcastle nsw. I own an aus spec '91 vr4( hope you don't hold this against me) but am thinking about buying a legnum in the future when finances allow. Is there a list of specs and models somewhere? So i can get an idea of what differences there are.

Cheers
Shannon

heres a pic of my current vr4
Meagan_3.jpg

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi Shannon, Welcome to the forum.

Have a look around here and you will quickly become an expert like the rest of us ;)

The readers rides section is a great place to see all the different models and colours.

Good to see another New South Welshman on here too :D we are seriously outnumbered by the Mexicans !!

G

Unregistered
i'm hearing ya. Don't see too many legnums around these parts. Seen one whilst i was in Queensland for jamboree. It was parked at Nerang factory outlets looked very very nice. Big brembos, front mount cooler, nice wheels made think hard about buying one thats for sure.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
i'm hearing ya. Don't see too many legnums around these parts. Seen one whilst i was in Queensland for jamboree. It was parked at Nerang factory outlets looked very very nice. Big brembos, front mount cooler, nice wheels made think hard about buying one thats for sure.

Hmmm, wonder who that was - I don't think any of the QLD guys on here have Brembos - someone track them down! Actually, Nerang is in my neck of the woods so I guess it should be me :)

Lee

G

Unregistered
Hmmm, wonder who that was - I don't think any of the QLD guys on here have Brembos - someone track them down! Actually, Nerang is in my neck of the woods so I guess it should be me :)

Lee

Is there a hint of sarcasm in your voice? Do they come with brembos from the factory?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hey Shan, welcome to Ozvr4 :) When I get my one I may have to come up for a drive and we can compare notes lol

G

Unregistered
Is there a hint of sarcasm in your voice? Do they come with brembos from the factory?

Welcome aboard, It won't be long before you know as much as us, we are all realitvly new to the car :p

Brembo's never came standard but are an easy mod on late model VR4's

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI

Definitely not sarcasm! More like envy! :)

As JMO said, no brembos from factory. But that is a common mod, especially from the series 2 (98-02) where it is a straight bolt on upgrade.

cheers

Lee

G

Unregistered
I own an aus spec '91 vr4( hope you don't hold this against me)

How could we hold it against u ? thats an awesome car man, I was lucky enuff to have a spin in one last weekend. Hope u enjoy the forums and get hold of a nice leggy ...

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
:D we are seriously outnumbered by the Mexicans !!

You are on some seriously thin ice there buddy! :D

Welcome on board Shannon, you'll find the info on here growing steadily as we all discover new ways to mess with our cars. Any idea's on when you might be making at big step to upgrade?

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
Hi shannon, welcome to ozvr4.
I found this web site that give some good specs News and reviews for Japaneese cars. www.amayama.com It covers models 96>2000

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Welcome to ozvr4, Shannon.

your current vr4 looks good, but a newer legnum certainly wont disappoint :D

G

Unregistered
You are on some seriously thin ice there buddy! :D

Welcome on board Shannon, Any idea's on when you might be making at big step to upgrade?

Depends what happens with the work situation. Looking to move jobs if it happens then i'll be looking in around 6-12 months

Top Bottom